PDA

View Full Version : Books Hero by RA Salvatore (Possible Spoilers)

Saif
2016-10-29, 08:20 AM
So has anyone finished Hero by RA Salvatore? Fantastic book!

Anteros
2016-11-01, 05:17 AM
I honestly can't believe he's still making books. I haven't read a Salvatore book in something like 10-15 years.

Since you say it's good, I may pick it up when it's cheap. If nothing else I can probably get some nostalgia out of it.

Fishybugs
2016-11-01, 01:37 PM
I honestly can't believe he's still making books. I haven't read a Salvatore book in something like 10-15 years.

In an interview with Dragon Talk podcast, he said that it is his last Drizz't book.

tomandtish
2016-11-02, 02:13 PM
In an interview with Dragon Talk podcast, he said that it is his last Drizz't book.

I'll believe it when I see it. He said it once about 15 years ago, then realized that Wizards would be quite happy to have someone else write Drizz't novels (since they actually own the rights to the character). He just has right of first refusal, but that's also why you see them so often. If he stopped writing those characters for long enough, Wizards can and would turn them over to someone else.

So unless he's quitting altogether, i suspect he'll have another one. Either that or it will be a novel that has Drizz't in it and is set in Forgotten Realms, even if it isn't a Drizz't novel.