PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the Giant has a twitch account

FollowerofBanjo
2016-10-29, 08:32 PM
So im wondering why the giant doesn't have a twitch account were he can talk to his fans while he draws and stuff I feel like its a easy way to increase P.R. plus people can donate to him threw that so he could make money.

Keltest
2016-10-29, 08:49 PM
Off hand? I would guess that he doesn't want to talk to his fans while working, and he feels that any additional PR and/or revenue is not worth the additional hassle and frustration that would probably go along with it.

Darth Paul
2016-10-29, 09:03 PM
The ability to go to work in one's pajamas or underwear is not to be lightly discarded.

Grey_Wolf_c
2016-10-29, 09:23 PM
So im wondering why the giant doesn't have a twitch account were he can talk to his fans while he draws and stuff I feel like its a easy way to increase P.R. plus people can donate to him threw that so he could make money.

The Giant is a very private person, which doesn't mix well with twitch. Also, I believe he feels strongly about making money off of intangibles: he much prefers to sell merchandise rather than entertainment.

Grey Wolf

Razade
2016-10-29, 09:28 PM
The ability to go to work in one's pajamas or underwear is not to be lightly discarded.

You can live stream in your underwear. Not that that's a reason for Rich to do it. I don't honestly think Rich should and it's pretty clear he doesn't want to. Or he'd be doing it.

Darth Paul
2016-10-29, 09:31 PM
You can live stream in your underwear. Not that that's a reason for Rich to do it. I don't honestly think Rich should and it's pretty clear he doesn't want to. Or he'd be doing it.

:smallconfused: In the Giant's line of work, wouldn't people be watching him, as well as his art? Although I suppose if all that was shown was the work forming on a screen... never mind, I don't know what I'm talking about any more.

Razade
2016-10-30, 03:09 AM
:smallconfused: In the Giant's line of work, wouldn't people be watching him, as well as his art? Although I suppose if all that was shown was the work forming on a screen... never mind, I don't know what I'm talking about any more.

Yes. You don't need to have a webcam to stream, you can capture a thing like Photoshop with a program and stream that. There's no requirement that livestreaming has to show the person.

Cizak
2016-10-30, 01:07 PM
I'm not going to go into detail and speculate about Rich's work habits, because I'm pretty sure that's against the board rules. I'm just going to say that if you piece together what you can find (such as in the Giant quotes thread) it seems like streaming would be particularly unsuitable with how he prefers to work.

NerdyKris
2016-10-30, 01:10 PM
It would also kind of spoil upcoming comics. Especially if he moves something to a later point.

2D8HP
2016-10-30, 01:12 PM
My two copper pieces: I'm a fan, and I've never heard of twitch, so I don't see how it would help PR.

zimmerwald1915
2016-10-30, 01:34 PM
he can talk to his fans
We're so insufferable that he barely comes to the forums anymore. And really, what creator in their right mind wants to interact with the mob of vicious, slavering morons that make up any given fanbase more than they absolutely have to?

Peelee
2016-10-30, 03:10 PM
My two copper pieces: I'm a fan, and I've never heard of twitch, so I don't see how it would help PR.

This is very poor reasoning, though. You have a sample size of one.

Not that I'm saying it would happen. Like had been mentioned before, The Giant likes his privacy

FujinAkari
2016-10-30, 08:30 PM
To my, admittedly small, knowledge, very few artists that do ongoing comics have twitch accounts. Most twitch artists do commissions and self-contained pieces.

For an artist like Rich, who would be CONTINUOUSLY barraged with a billion questions that he is very explicitly NOT answering to go on twitch would be a night mare.

Also, Rich is a self-described grognard (SP?) and really dislikes new-fangled technological gizmo's, it practically took an act of God to get him to use twitter! :P

FollowerofBanjo
2016-10-30, 08:46 PM
To my, admittedly small, knowledge, very few artists that do ongoing comics have twitch accounts. Most twitch artists do commissions and self-contained pieces.
The Artist for the ongoing web comic Goblins has a twitch account were he live streams his drawings of his upcoming work. He's doesn't add in the dialogue just the pictures so its not that much of a spoiler either. But i understand him wanting his privacy that makes sense thank you

SaintRidley
2016-10-30, 09:00 PM
^ To that point, Thunt's comics alternate between talking heads with little action or so much action that it's impossible to understand the drawings without the dialogue. In short, Thunt being one of the rare comic artists who streams works because there's basically no information communicated by his images, whereas Rich's comics do tell you a lot visually.

Roland St. Jude
2016-10-30, 10:03 PM
Sheriff: The only person who could answer this is Rich, and he can post through the lock, if desired.