PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 X path finder. Warblade X rogue multi classing build level 1-20 Help

Nosta
2016-10-30, 02:32 PM
so I have chosen to play a warblade with levels of rogue (Pf) not sure what version

I am going to be using Iron-heart style

so what I need is what be the best build for this

not sure how many levels of each I should take for a good level 1-20 build

weapon being used is elven curved blade (counts as bastard sword to my group)

Stats rolled 18-18-16-16-14-13

I want to be a very strong swordmen who relies on skill of blade and not just brute force

exelsisxax
2016-10-30, 06:58 PM
so I have chosen to play a warblade with levels of rogue (Pf) not sure what version

I am going to be using Iron-heart style

so what I need is what be the best build for this

not sure how many levels of each I should take for a good level 1-20 build

weapon being used is elven curved blade (counts as bastard sword to my group)

Stats rolled 18-18-16-16-14-13

I want to be a very strong swordmen who relies on skill of blade and not just brute force

Why don't you play a DSP Warlord instead? Is this some sort of wierd 3.5 with PF tacked on when you feel like it? Because I don't know why you'd be using both at once in any significant amount.

DarkSoul
2016-10-30, 07:51 PM
Why rogue? Skills? You won't have enough sneak attack to be worth it at high levels and SA lends itself more readily to Shadow Hand anyway, which requires Swordsage.

Martimus Prime
2016-10-31, 04:00 AM
To give you an idea of what an ideal rogue:warblade ratio might look like, from previous experience, martial maneuver classes work better as splashes in general than rogue does. As far as when you should take a given warblade level, bear in mind that your initiator level still goes up when you aren't taking an initiator class, albeit at 1/2 the normal rate. This means that you have to decide whether you want the BAB and other class benefits earlier or are willing to hold off until you qualify for better stances and maneuvers and grab those sweet 8+int mod x4 skill points at first level.

When I was playtesting the homebrew class I posted here (shameless plug) under different build conditions, I found that I like to sprinkle warblade in every 5th level for ease of calculating initiator level; it'll always have gone up by two (three if you include the level in warblade itself), and any fewer than four levels in a full BAB class before epic will lose you any chance at four iterative attacks (good for those diamond mind moments).

Edit: BTW, regardless of build but especially for rogues who like to flank, sudden leap is just too good for an early grab. Don't overlook it.

stanprollyright
2016-10-31, 04:05 AM
Why did you make another thread?