PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Iron Heart Surge / Warblade level dip question

Vindicus
2016-10-31, 10:28 AM
Say I have a level 6 Fighter who dips into Warblade becoming a fit6/warblade 1. This character wants to take Iron Heart Surge but it has a prerequisite of 1 Iron Heart maneuver. Does that mean I need to take 2 levels of Warbalde to get it or does one of the other maneuvers I learn at 1st level qualify me for it? I see a lot of people talking about taking a level dip in Warblade to get IHS so I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

ComaVision
2016-10-31, 10:36 AM
Yeah, you can take another White Raven maneuver to qualify for Iron Heart Surge. The real problem with your example is that a Fighter 6/Warblade 1 has an initiator level of 4 and you need an initiator level of at least 5 to get Iron Heart Surge.

stanprollyright
2016-10-31, 10:50 AM
So Fighter 8/Warblade 1 could get it with that first Warblade level.

Vindicus
2016-10-31, 10:53 AM
You are correct about IL. Lets change the example to fit8/warblade1.

I'm confused about white raven, did you mean another Iron Heart maneuver?

I am worried that since it was a pre-req that I needed an iron heart maneuver a level before I take IHS.

Segev
2016-10-31, 11:03 AM
You are correct about IL. Lets change the example to fit8/warblade1.

I am worried that since it was a pre-req that I needed an iron heart maneuver a level before I take IHS.

You do need to know one other Iron Heart maneuver. However, you can use one you learn the same level as Iron Heart Surge to meet that prerequisite. Just like a fighter can take Weapon Focus at level 1, meeting the prerequisite +1 BAB with the BAB he gets that level.

ComaVision
2016-10-31, 11:08 AM

Oops, yeah, I got thinking White Raven Tactics because I like to dip for that.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-10-31, 11:50 AM
Warblade 1 gets 3 maneuvers and a stance. You can fill the prerequisites with the stance and one maneuver and use the other two maneuvers to take IHS and WRT.