PDA

View Full Version : Building myself bigger

Braininthejar2
2016-10-31, 07:13 PM
Is there any way rules-wise (feat, component, etc) to permanently bump an existing warforged up one size category? Or do they all have to be built the right size from the get go?

flappeercraft
2016-11-01, 01:31 AM
Is there any way rules-wise (feat, component, etc) to permanently bump an existing warforged up one size category? Or do they all have to be built the right size from the get go?

Enlarge person and permanency maybe?

MesiDoomstalker
2016-11-01, 01:49 AM
Enlarge person and permanency maybe?

Warforged aren't Humanoid. I don't have the book, but IIRC there's a Warforged only PrC in one of the Eberron books that makes you into a Warforged Juggernaut, one effect of which is a size increase.

torrasque666
2016-11-01, 01:58 AM
Warforged aren't Humanoid. I don't have the book, but IIRC there's a Warforged only PrC in one of the Eberron books that makes you into a Warforged Juggernaut, one effect of which is a size increase.
Warforged Juggernaut (the PrC in question, its not a creature) does not bring a size increase with it. Doesn't even bring powerful build.

Braininthejar2
2016-11-02, 07:20 AM
So the only way to play a bigger warforged is to make a large character and put him through renegade mastermaker?

Necroticplague
2016-11-02, 07:25 AM
So the only way to play a bigger warforged is to make a large character and put him through renegade mastermaker?

There are other types of Warforged that come in larger sizes. I know there's a Warforged Scout that's Small, and a Warforged Charger that's Large.

Darrin
2016-11-02, 08:13 AM

You could pay for a polymorph any object spell to turn your Warforged into a Warforged Charger. Same kingdom, same class, and lower intelligence, so duration should be permanent. Only 1200 GP, but it can be dispelled.

Other than that... you might want to look for an all-day alter self or polymorph effect. Phylactery of Change (11200 GP, A&EG) or Fleshshifter Armor (13160 GP, BoVD) can do this. If you'd prefer this as a class ability, Thrall of Juiblex 4 can get alter self at will. Mountebank 3 (Complete Scoundrel) can get something similar with its Alter Ego (Sp) ability.

Inevitability
2016-11-02, 08:41 AM
There's also the Huge Warforged Titan. The Body of War spell lets you transform into one.

ShurikVch
2016-11-02, 09:33 AM
Should the size be bigger from the start, or is it OK to become bigger later?

How about Evil alignment?

Level Adjustment?

Is it necessarily to keep Construct type?

Should it be "real" +size, or Powerful Build is good enough?

Braininthejar2
2016-11-02, 09:57 AM
I asked the question as part of my considerations for the "anime characters in D&D".

I'm thinking of trying my hand at Franky the Cyborg.

he goes from http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/2/2c/Franky_Before_Accident.png/revision/latest?cb=20130627021126

to
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/d/d4/Franky_Manga_Post_Timeskip_Infobox.png/revision/latest?cb=20130127003705

as he levels up.

Segev
2016-11-02, 11:48 AM
Sounds like a job for a custom PrC or feat chain, to me.

ShurikVch
2016-11-02, 12:10 PM
Put on Shrink Collar (Arms and Equipment Guide, 10K gp) - it will reduce your size to Small; then remove it - and go from Small to Medium with Powerful Build and Deformity (tall)

Braininthejar2
2016-11-02, 06:47 PM
Well, the first pic is of him being fully human (but already a genius engineer) - Then plot happened, and he became a construct (due to the plot crapping on him, combined with his own stubbornness, he tried to stop a train with his bare hands, and ended up fatally wounded in a military junkyard, with no ranks in heal and only his engineering skills to fall back on. He would then keep adding stuff over the years.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/braininthejar/RenegadeFranky.jpg

Is there any human-like race with as little level adjustment as possible that grows to large size? The One Piece universe is pretty loose with what counts as a human.

Necroticplague
2016-11-02, 07:14 PM
You could just select Human as a base race (he is human at his core), then use the Sculpt Self feat to essentially have him craft improvements to himself. Which could include Enlarge Person, and effects that grant construct-like traits (ex: Iron Body, Sheltered Vitality).