PDA

View Full Version : Fusion+Astral seed = Spellcasting?

flappeercraft
2016-10-31, 11:53 PM
Quick question, would doing Fusion+Astral fusion cheese with a creature with spells like a Solar or a Chronotyrin allow you to cast spells like them? I don't mean SLA's but Chronotyrin can cast as a 12th level sorcerer and Solar 20th level cleric would you gain that ability or not?

Venger
2016-11-01, 12:03 AM
yes, that would work fine.

Necroticplague
2016-11-01, 05:16 AM
Yes, though the fact you can only fuse with creatures of the same type might make it difficult to do.

Likewise, all feats, racial abilities, and class features are pooled

an exact duplicate of your body at the time you manifested astral seed

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-11-01, 05:48 AM
Yes, though the fact you can only fuse with creatures of the same type might make it difficult to do.That's easy enough to get around. Type-changing magic is definitely a thing. Everything from polymorph and metamorphosis to aspect of the wolf and aberrate (the latter of which keep all of your own racial abilities).

flappeercraft
2016-11-02, 07:17 PM
yes, that would work fine.

Now another question, if the cleric spellcasting came from a Solar would I get the domains from the Solar or would I get those from my deity, also if I'm evil and the spellcasting is from a solar due to alignment restrictions would I not be able to cast [Evil] spells or would I not be able to cast [Good] spells

Venger
2016-11-02, 08:07 PM
Now another question, if the cleric spellcasting came from a Solar would I get the domains from the Solar or would I get those from my deity, also if I'm evil and the spellcasting is from a solar due to alignment restrictions would I not be able to cast [Evil] spells or would I not be able to cast [Good] spells

that's a good question. a solar's casting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/angel.htm#angelSolar) has its own domains.

you can pull from there. since you're presumably a psion and not a cleric, you're not subject to alignment restrictions. that said, a solar probably wouldn't prepare [evil] spells. talk to your gm about what two domains you might like besides the ones listed and see if you can find an applicable deity.

Necroticplague
2016-11-02, 08:12 PM

When you're Fused with a solar, you get the Solar's abilities. Thus, it's exactly as the Solar itself. So you get it's domains. However, there is nothing in the Solar's cleric that makes it intrinsically unable to cast Evil spells. An Evil solar could very well do so. So if you're Evil, you have Cleric casting, and can't cast Good spells.