PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Removing Corruption (Not related to Horror Adventures)

Madokar
2016-11-01, 06:57 AM
For awhile now, our party has been corrupted by unknown forces into different states of existence. The Bladebound Magus has been fading from reality, the Shaman looks like he is becoming undead, and my paladin looks like he is becoming a devil. Leads to solving our condition have born little fruit. Until last night.

Due to circumstances, the Magus had his Black Blade destroyed. Eight days later and a reforged Blade later, major changes happened. His Corruption had vanished, and his Black Blade had become a White Blade. The White Blade still performs the function of the standard Black Blade. It just had a more favorable attitude now. It was also the source of the corruption, for some reason.

After preparing a Communion spell with Sarenrae, our Shaman identified what his causing his Corruption. And possibly mine. Both my paladin and the Shaman died some time ago and we were Resurrected by the local temple of Erastil. Initially, it seemed like the Resurrection went off without a hitch. But according to Sarenrae, the Shaman's soul is responsible for his current corruption.

It's possible that when he was Resurrected, not all of the Shaman's soul came back. Most of it did, for sure. But not all of it. The Magus has dropped hints that he believes that the Resurrection ritual was botched somehow. He knows this from knowledge he gained when he performed his ritual to get his Black Blade reforged.

Going forward, and not knowing what my particular source of corruption is yet, I have to ask the question:

How do you repair a soul to restore your corrupting body?

Firest Kathon
2016-11-01, 09:25 AM
Maybe a new casting Resurrection or Raise Dead is enough to get the remaining parts of the soul back? If the previous ritual was incomplete, a full casting should get you back for good. A casting of Atonement may also help. At the very least, neither should be any risk of making the situation worse.
Edit: Restoration could also help to, you know, restore the soul.

Madokar
2016-11-01, 09:33 AM
Maybe a new casting Resurrection or Raise Dead is enough to get the remaining parts of the soul back? If the previous ritual was incomplete, a full casting should get you back for good. A casting of Atonement may also help. At the very least, neither should be any risk of making the situation worse.
Edit: Restoration could also help to, you know, restore the soul.

We can try Resurrection and Restore Dead for good measure. We've been hit by Negative Levels and Stat Drain since then, and the use of Restoration hasn't done anything to alleviate our Corruptions. My paladin just got hit by an Atonement spell. But that was for restoring class abilities, so another use of Atonement might be necessary to directly target the Corruption.

Psyren
2016-11-01, 12:14 PM
How do you repair a soul to restore your corrupting body?

Everything you just described is GM fiat, so I don't think there is a rules answer to your question. Generally, effects that damage or inhibit souls can only be undone with miracle or wish, but your best bet here is probably to use some kind of divination like Commune (or, well, Divination) and figure out what your GM is expecting here.

Madokar
2016-11-01, 01:11 PM
This has just escalated. The Shaman's skin has peeled off his arms, revealing animated bone. He now has a Paralyzing touch attack that can only be removed by Remove Curse.

My Paladin has gained Infernal wings to fly with, but also a constant Life Drain effect. He loses 2 HP a day that can't be healed or regenerated. This is mitigated with a Killing Heal (evil) effect. If my Paladin murders someone with an INT score above 3, he heals 1d8 per creature killed.

So... yeah. This needs to be solved immediately.

Psyren
2016-11-01, 03:08 PM
So... yeah. This needs to be solved immediately.

I repeat my previous advice - your GM is doing this to you, so either he has a way in mind for you to reverse it (and you need to find out what that is), or he doesn't want it reversed (in which case, nothing we suggest will matter.)

Zanos
2016-11-01, 03:17 PM
As psyren mentioned, this is all DM fiat.

Try one/all of:

Neutralize Poison
Remove Disease
Panacea
Lesser Restoration
Restoration
Greater Restoration
Heal
Regenerate
Breach Enchantment
Remove Curse
Limited Wish
Wish
Miracle

TheFamilarRaven
2016-11-01, 05:40 PM
Psyren is correct. This is pure GM fiat for storytelling reasons. There won't, (or at least it's highly unlikely), be a RAW soloution to this. My advice is to go to a library or temple or other archive and do some research on this crap.

The more lawful types in the party can find a good lawyer and sue for damages...