PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Whitedragonspawn Dragonwrought Kobold Loredrake

samduke
2016-11-01, 10:36 AM
okay playgrounders I am asking for clarification on White dragonspawn Dragonwrought Kobold Loredrake
Kobold - nothing special
add template White dragonspawn = 1 effective sorcerer level
add Dragonwrought = Kobold becomes a true dragon
add archtype Lordrake = 2 effective sorcerer levels

Take Sorcerer class level 1 = 4th level sorcerer casting for spells but nothing more

is there any other way to achieve 5th level sorcerer casting for spells at sorcerer class level 1?

then later on-

3HD Draconic Rite of Passage
3rd level Feat- Draconic Reservoir

6HD Greater Draconic Rite of Passage = gaining one level in the sorcerer class -> does this grant bab, saves and spell casting or just spell casting?

thanks for the information.

Cerefel
2016-11-01, 11:39 AM
There's actually quite a bit of contention about whether or not dragonwrought and dragonspawn are compatable.

Dragonwrought gives the dragon type and is stated to be in effect before the character is even born, and dragonspawn can't be applied to dragons

martixy
2016-11-01, 11:45 AM
There's actually quite a bit of contention about whether or not dragonwrought and dragonspawn are compatable.

Dragonwrought gives the dragon type and is stated to be in effect before the character is even born, and dragonspawn can't be applied to dragons

I don't see how it can be "contentious".
It just flat out doesn't work.

Racial choices come before any character advancement choices(such as feats).

lylsyly
2016-11-01, 12:02 PM
Take a look at Nifft's Paragon Races Redone. If your DM will let it fly.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=17630.msg315072#msg315072

samduke
2016-11-01, 03:58 PM

I don't see how it can be "contentious".
It just flat out doesn't work.

Racial choices come before any character advancement choices(such as feats).

am fairly sure the order of application which wizards swears by stands that if the template is applied first then the rest goes in order of application.

in reality the prime questions I asked were not actually answered

is there any other way to achieve 5th level sorcerer casting for spells at sorcerer class level 1?

6HD Greater Draconic Rite of Passage = gaining one level in the sorcerer class -> does this grant bab, saves and spell casting or just spell casting?

Troacctid
2016-11-01, 06:22 PM
Dragonwrought kobolds can't be loredrakes because they're lesser dragons, not true dragons; they do not advance by age category, only by class level.

Sure, it's very easy. Simply be an arkamoi (MMV).

Just spellcasting.

Malimar
2016-11-01, 06:25 PM
Dragonwrought kobolds can't be loredrakes because they're lesser dragons, not true dragons; they do not advance by age category, only by class level.

ogawd ogawd ogawd nooooo you brought up the thing! why did you bring up the thing? now this thread is doomed to the eternal debate! DOOOOOOOOMED!

Troacctid
2016-11-01, 06:40 PM
ogawd ogawd ogawd nooooo you brought up the thing! why did you bring up the thing? now this thread is doomed to the eternal debate! DOOOOOOOOMED!
The debate is only going to keep going as long as people don't know the correct answer. Which is that dragonwrought kobolds are lesser dragons. Draconomicon is crystal clear that dragons who do not advance by age category are lesser dragons, not true dragons. If you don't know what "advance by age category" means, you might think that dragonwrought kobolds are true dragons, because they have defined age categories. But if you look at the actual rules—which, if I recall correctly, are in Draconomicon, pp.142–145—you'll find that advancing by age category is quite unambiguously defined as having a level adjustment and hit dice that increase as you grow older, which kobolds, dragonwrought or otherwise, do not have.

I realize it's a great point of contention among people who have not read the rules. That doesn't mean I'm not going to correct misinformation when I see it.

Vizzerdrix
2016-11-01, 06:41 PM
After this can we do a monk thread? :smalltongue:

Malimar
2016-11-01, 06:53 PM
The debate is only going to keep going as long as people don't know the correct answer. Which is that dragonwrought kobolds are lesser dragons. Draconomicon is crystal clear that dragons who do not advance by age category are lesser dragons, not true dragons. If you don't know what "advance by age category" means, you might think that dragonwrought kobolds are true dragons, because they have defined age categories. But if you look at the actual rules—which, if I recall correctly, are in Draconomicon, pp.142–145—you'll find that advancing by age category is quite unambiguously defined as having a level adjustment and hit dice that increase as you grow older, which kobolds, dragonwrought or otherwise, do not have.

I realize it's a great point of contention among people who have not read the rules. That doesn't mean I'm not going to correct misinformation when I see it.

I mean, obviously you're right, but on your head be the task of convincing the masses.

Troacctid
2016-11-01, 07:13 PM
Well it would be easier if you wouldn't jump in and pretend it's debatable when we both know it's not. That's like saying "I agree with you that monks are not overpowered, but I'm sure someone will be along any minute to argue fiercely that they are overpowered!" :smalltongue:

torrasque666
2016-11-01, 07:27 PM
After this can we do a monk thread? :smalltongue:
But Monkday was yesterday!

Fouredged Sword
2016-11-02, 12:37 PM
We cant stop now. Someone is wrong on the internet.