PDA

View Full Version : Will Effecting Planar Monsters 3.5e

Aaronc22695
2016-11-01, 12:36 PM
I need a planar creature I can summon with "Gate" that drops characters Will saves. Can be a maximum of 26HD.

Venger
2016-11-01, 12:55 PM
I need a planar creature I can summon with "Gate" that drops characters Will saves. Can be a maximum of 26HD.

why are you trying to drop will saves with a gate?

you could always go for a solar. with access to the cleric list, there are many spells that penalize enemy saves.

Aaronc22695
2016-11-01, 01:00 PM
I'm a beguiler with a ring that casts gate and fighting a cleric much more powerful than I am (and a very high will save) and just for the sake of rubbing it in his face I need a very powerful monster that can sap his will so I can dominate him.

Venger
2016-11-01, 01:21 PM
I'm a beguiler with a ring that casts gate and fighting a cleric much more powerful than I am (and a very high will save) and just for the sake of rubbing it in his face I need a very powerful monster that can sap his will so I can dominate him.

Thanks for explaining. Summon a gulthir. He'll swallow the cleric and his tummy will dominate him without a save (depending on the cleric's special powers/normal strategy, you might summon some other monsters to hold him down or weaken him so he can be eaten) and then spit him out, at which point you can order him to fail his save for your dominate and retain him.