PDA

View Full Version : 474: The plate MitD is holding

ChopSticks28
2007-07-12, 03:01 PM
...Is actually a speech bubble. Come on, Rich, You could have put some more effort in that!

Threeshades
2007-07-12, 03:03 PM
...Is actually a speech bubble. Come on, Rich, You could have put some more effort in that!

Im not sure if i should first punch you in the belly and then tell you that its a damn vector-art stick figure comic, or do it the other was round.

ChopSticks28
2007-07-12, 04:12 PM
I don't see how hard it is to paint it in blue, or yellow, or something. Plates don't have to be white, you know.

At least that way it will LOOK as if he put an effort for us.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-12, 04:20 PM
Oh boo-hoo.

Jasdoif
2007-07-12, 04:23 PM
I don't see how hard it is to paint it in blue, or yellow, or something. Plates don't have to be white, you know.

At least that way it will LOOK as if he put an effort for us.So...your problem is that you don't like white plates? :smallconfused:

The_Werebear
2007-07-12, 04:38 PM
It looks like a white plate to me. Considering the rest of the set is also white ceramics, I don't see what the problem is.

ChopSticks28
2007-07-12, 04:39 PM
I don't have a problem, I just stated a simple fact and added a sarcastic line afterwards, I don't see what's the big deal (Ouch! why punch me?). I didn't mean to offend any plates, I like them all equally.

Vonriel
2007-07-12, 04:49 PM
Who's to say that all speech bubbles aren't just plates?

Also, speech bubbles have a thicker outline around them than that plate did.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-12, 09:39 PM
Who's to say that all speech bubbles aren't just plates?

:elan: and :nale:: Hurray for reverse logic!

Fale
2007-07-12, 10:34 PM
When I first read that comic, I noticed that the MitD doesn't appear to have any hands holding up the plate or the umbrella. Perhaps I'm just over analyzing, but he may be invisible (other then his eyes of course) or using magic to hold them up (I'm sure there is a D&D term for it, but regrettably I don't play it).

Nomadic
2007-07-12, 11:05 PM
When I first read that comic, I noticed that the MitD doesn't appear to have any hands holding up the plate or the umbrella. Perhaps I'm just over analyzing, but he may be invisible (other then his eyes of course) or using magic to hold them up (I'm sure there is a D&D term for it, but regrettably I don't play it).

So then you are saying that the MitD can cast mage hand?

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-12, 11:10 PM
So then you are saying that the MitD can cast mage hand?

Oooo! Do his brothers know he can do that? :smallbiggrin:

Any ways, I theorize that his hand, too, is in the darkness. In fact, I don't think we've ever seen anything of him besides his eyes. He is holding up the plate with his hand but his hand is hidden.

Alysar
2007-07-13, 12:09 AM
The plate is an ellipse. The speech bubbles are also ellipses (albeit with tails).

Every humanoid head in the comic (With the exception of the kobolds) is an ellipse for that matter (yes, a circle is a type of ellipse)

Get over it.

Lissou
2007-07-13, 12:38 AM
I don't think that our not seeing its hands means the MitD doesn't have any. I think it means that Rich doesn't want us to see them, because he doesn't want us to see any part of the MitD.