PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help me pimp my Clericzilla

Tamorlin
2016-11-02, 06:32 AM
- I have 17 turnings attemps to play with DMM: Persist (Cha 16, extra turning, 1 nightstick, 1 Reliquary Holy Symbol). I was planning to persist Divine power and Righteous Wrath of the Faithful. Is that ok?

- My AC seems a bit low for my level (10) if I'm pretending to melee: 20 (+0 Dex, +10 complete armor with magic vestment). Should I go for a couple of defense items like an animated shield +1 or forget about AC at all? If so, which spell should I use to avoid damage?

- My Reflex save sucks +3, should I care about it?

- I have 49k gold. Is belt of magnificence a good buy or should I spend my money elsewhere?

Any input about how to spend my money or memorize spells is very welcome.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-02, 09:04 AM
Divine Power and RWotF are good picks if you want to spend combat hitting stuff. Unless you have something like a Swiftblade or War Weaver in the party who casts Haste anyway, then you could replace RWotF.

You can replace your armor with a Monk's Belt. You can still cast Magic Vestment on your clothing and you can use (Greater) Luminous Armor for the armor AC bonus if your good.
You'll be missing the shield AC bonus, but you should still come out ahead.
If you know combat is coming you can also cast Shield of Faith for a deflection bonus, but it only lasts 1 min/level and isn't worth persisting.

Instead of spending big money on AC i'd suggest getting some kind of miss chance like the Blurring armor enhancement (MIC) (can be put on Bracers of Armor if you go with a Monk's Belt) or a Minor Cloak of Displacement (DMG).

You should boost your saves anyway, though reflex is admittedly the least important. You can mostly get by with casting Resist Energy and the like since that's what most reflex-targeting attacks do.
That said saves are one of the most important defenses you character has, and many save boosters affect all saves. I'll just point you at the Items That Boost Saves handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=b0didm2rog102r75qic8lsop47&topic=188) so you can pick what you need and can afford.

The Belt of Magnificence is not a good buy imo, because you're paying for stuff you don't need. You already get an enhancement bonus to strength from Divine Power, you don't especially need dex (it doesn't hurt, but you shouldn't spend lots of money on it) and int does pretty much nothing for you, so you're only using about half of what the belt does.
YMMV but for me it's not worth the price tag.