PDA

View Full Version : Please help with item costing - Tongues item or wand

Rhiarion
2016-11-02, 08:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a 7th lvl Knowledge cleric who has some money and wants to understand and speak more languages.
I have the ones from class, race, and domain - but I am after more.
We can afford the Helm of Comprehend Languages, but that does not allow me to speak.
I am aware my race (Stoutheart Halfling) and Domain abilities grant me telepathy but what I really want is a wand or item of the spell I can cast Tongues.

I have thoroughly read the Sane-Magic-Item-Prices thread here and I am aware it wont be a combat item.

What price would you put on a Helm or Wand of Tongues?

JakOfAllTirades
2016-11-02, 01:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a 7th lvl Knowledge cleric who has some money and wants to understand and speak more languages.
I have the ones from class, race, and domain - but I am after more.
We can afford the Helm of Comprehend Languages, but that does not allow me to speak.
I am aware my race (Stoutheart Halfling) and Domain abilities grant me telepathy but what I really want is a wand or item of the spell I can cast Tongues.

I have thoroughly read the Sane-Magic-Item-Prices thread here and I am aware it wont be a combat item.

What price would you put on a Helm or Wand of Tongues?

This item should totally be an Amulet.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/K8gAAOSwc1FXa~ap/s-l400.jpg

Rhiarion
2016-11-02, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the picture, I needed the smile.

After reading pages 135 and 285 of the DMG more closely, (I run a game and play in another).
I am confident I have an answer, or at least the start of a conversation with my GM.

but I will show him that image.