PDA

View Full Version : The Uninevitibale Nightmare?

Val666
2016-11-02, 07:28 PM
Hello folks. I was looking at a build (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471337-Weekly-Optimization-Showcase-Inevitable-Nightmare-(Tempest_Stormwind) and realized something. One point of the build is using Dorjes of Hustle to recover your Psionic Focus as a move action (for free because you have Psionic Meditation which lets you regain focus as a move action). The example I'm refering to is the next:

"This is also around the level you should be able to afford dorjes of Hustle, which you can use thanks to being a psychic warrior – this lets you move, deliver a Deep Impact / Power Attack strike, and refocus all in the same round."

But to use dorjes, just as wands, you have to spend a standard action, even if the power within the dorje is a swift action (Hustle in this case) so that combo using the dorje of hustle can't be actually used?

Thanks everyone in advance. Cheers (:?

Venger
2016-11-02, 08:01 PM
Hello folks. I was looking at a build (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471337-Weekly-Optimization-Showcase-Inevitable-Nightmare-(Tempest_Stormwind) and realized something. One point of the build is using Dorjes of Hustle to recover your Psionic Focus as a move action (for free because you have Psionic Meditation which lets you regain focus as a move action). The example I'm refering to is the next:

"This is also around the level you should be able to afford dorjes of Hustle, which you can use thanks to being a psychic warrior – this lets you move, deliver a Deep Impact / Power Attack strike, and refocus all in the same round."

But to use dorjes, just as wands, you have to spend a standard action, even if the power within the dorje is a swift action (Hustle in this case) so that combo using the dorje of hustle can't be actually used?

Thanks everyone in advance. Cheers (:?

Nope. for dorjes/wands, you use the spell's casting time, not a standard action. a dorje of hustle is a swift to use.

Val666
2016-11-02, 08:11 PM
Nope. for dorjes/wands, you use the spell's casting time, not a standard action. a dorje of hustle is a swift to use.

I love you