PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Constructive Criticism on Homebrew Creatures Please?

GladiusVCreed
2016-11-02, 10:33 PM
Hey all,
I've recently gotten into homebrewing creatures for campaigns and out of plain fun. I've been tinkering with it for a bit now, and after developing a format to insert everything into I finally am willing to submit a creation.
Any balancing suggestions are more than welcome- I'm still learning!
Keep in mind this is Dungeons and Dragons 5e system
Thanks!
GladiusVCreed

Here's the link to the creature:
http://5emonsterhomebrew.tumblr.com/image/152670818425
EDIT: Fixed the link

GladiusVCreed
2016-11-03, 04:08 PM
Made another one today, check it out!
http://5emonsterhomebrew.tumblr.com/image/152698740430

Nifft
2016-11-03, 04:31 PM
You're directing people off-site to look at pictures of text. That is a rather inconvenient way for us to interact with your content.

If you make the content easier to interact with -- for example, by posting forum-formatted text here, or at least directly embedding the pictures here, you may get more responses.

Some things I noticed:

- "resistance to damage from magical sources" seems kinda unclear, and if it means the creature takes half damage from magical weapons but full damage from regular weapons then it's bad.

- One ability requires a Reflex save; 5e has no such save.

Gastronomie
2016-11-05, 07:51 AM
It seems either the links are not working, or you need a Tumblr account to look at the images. To me, the page shows up as a blank page with a box in its middle saying "password here".

As a general rule, you should refrain from posting links for homebrew material if you want it to be rated (not many people are willing to put that much effort into just looking at someone else's homebrew). Putting on the sides of the picture URL allows you to post pics, and apart from that, you can just simply post the statblock as text, so I advice you do either one of these two.

Either way, right now I have no access to your homebrewed monsters, so I can't rate it, even if I want to.