PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Shaman [WIP] [PEACH] (now with Pact Magic)

ShamasTheBard
2016-11-04, 11:47 AM
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJot_QoJe

I just really like the whole concept of Pact Magic and how it works. I know the Shaman is built kind of similar to Warlock but I think the Spiritual Binding feature and its future spell list would be good enough to distinguish the two. Soon to come is the spell list, the completed list of Spiritual Accords and more spirits you can bind.

Edit: Finished the spell list and accords!

Now to make up more spirits for you to bind!

Now posting the images so you can all see how pretty it looks.

level
proficiency bonus
features
Cantrips known
spells known
spell slots
slot level
spiritual accords known

1st
+2
Shamanistic Vocation, Pact Magic
1st

2nd
+2
Spiritual Accords
1st

3rd
+2
Sacred Binding
2nd

4th
+2
Ability Score Improvement
2nd

5th
+3

3rd

6th
+3
Shamanistic Vocation Feature
3rd

7th
+3

4th

8th
+3
4th

9th
+4

5th

10th
+4
5th

11th
+4
Great Spirits Reward (6th level)
5th

12th
+4
5th

13th
+5
Great Spirits Reward (7th Level)
5th

14th
+5
5th

15th
+5
Great Spirits Reward (8th level)
5th

16th
+5
5th

17th
+6
Great Spirits Reward (9th level)
5th

18th
+6

5th

19th
+6
5th

20th
+6
One With The Ancients
5th

Class Features
As a Shaman, you gain the following class features
Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d8 per shaman level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constituion modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constituion modifier per shaman level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple
Tools: Any Musical Instrument
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Choose two from Arcana, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Persuasion , Deception, Performance
Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
(a) a light crossbow with 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
(a) a component pouch or (b) an arcane focus
(a) a scholar's pack or (b) a dungeoneer's pack Leather armor, any simple weapon, and two daggers
a cherished lost sock
Shamanistic Vocation
Starting at 1st level, your connection with the spirit world begins and it demands your custody of it. Choose one of three vocations: The Scribe, The Witch Doctor, or The Warden, each of which is detailed at the end of the class description. Your choice grants you features at 1st level, and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.
Pact Magic
The relationship you have built with spirits and the power they bestow upon you in return has granted you facility with spells. See Chapter 10 of the Players Hand Book for general rules on spell casting and the end of this class description for the Shaman spell list.
Cantrips
You know two cantrips from the Shaman spell list. You learn additional shaman cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Shaman table.
Spell Slots
The Shaman table shows how many spell slots you have. The table also shows what the level of those slots are; all your spell slots are the same level. To cast one of your shaman spells of 1st level of higher, you must expend a spell slot. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a short or long rest.
For example, when you are 5th level, you have two 3rd level spell slots. To cast the 1st-level spell thunderwave, you must spend one of those slots, and you cast it as a 3rd level spell.
Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher
At 1st level, you know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the Shaman spell list.
The Spells Known column of the Shaman table shows when you learn more shaman spells of your choice of 1st level and higher. A spell you choose must be of a level no higher than what's known in the table's Slot level column for your level. WHen you reach 6th level, for example, you learn a new shaman spell, which can be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level.
Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the shaman spells you know and replace it with another spell from the shaman spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
Spellcasting Ability
Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your shaman spells, so you use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a shaman spell you cast and when making an attack role with one.
Spell Save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
Spell Attack Bonus = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier
Spellcasting Focus
You can use an arcane focus (found on chapter 5 of the Players Handbook) as a spellcasting focus for your shaman spells.
Spiritual Accords
Through your relationship with the spirits you summon and make pacts with, you have acquired contracts with them to facilitate you with further magical abilities and eventually augment the spirits you can conjure with Spiritual Binding, called accords.
At second level, you gain two spiritual accords of your choice. Youre accords options are detailed at the end of the class description. When you gain certain shaman levels, you gain additional accords of your choice, as shown in the Accords Known column of the Shaman table.
Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the accords you know and replace it with another accord that you could gain at that level.

ShamasTheBard
2016-11-07, 12:11 AM
Just wondering, do I need to post this so people can see it without the link?

PapaQuackers
2016-11-07, 08:49 AM
It does help, people are spooked of links.

ShamasTheBard
2016-11-07, 02:59 PM
Thanks, I'm trying to turn the PDF file into images so everyone can see how pretty I made it look.

Nevermind... I can't seem to post pictures yet... I'll make a proper table and such this afternoon.