PDA

View Full Version : Way to "hide" a Sim?

kalos72
2016-11-05, 12:37 AM
So I think a simple True Seeing would reveal the "snow and ice" factor to a sim, how can I mask that or prevent someone from seeing its a sim, easier the better.

And I dont mean, realize its not the original person, just that its a sim in the first place.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-11-05, 12:59 AM
Upon review, I'm sticking to my original statement, dispel the true seeing or put up a mind-blank. Otherwise, there's not much you can do about it.

kalos72
2016-11-05, 01:19 AM
Know there is the spell from City of Stormreach book Cloak of Keyber but then I have to recast it every couple 10 days.

Mindblank, cowl of warding would work...

What abut a full body magical tattoo?

Inevitability
2016-11-05, 04:37 AM
Cast an Invisible Clothier's Closet, which creates a number of costumes. Have one of these be a full body suit, and let the simulacrum equip the invisible suit.

The simulacrum appears no different to the naked eye, but when someone with True Seeing views it the suit will be revealed, obscuring the simulacrum's entire body.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-11-05, 09:01 AM
Permanencied Invisible fog cloud or similar. Any attempt at true seeing would net you a billowing cloud of fog.

[edit] If it had access to a possession effect, such as from the fiend of possession, ghost template, magic jar, or similar, it could always possess something else.

kalos72
2016-11-05, 09:13 AM
Sure the permanent fog idea works, but what if I am walking around or fighting and move outside the 5 feet range? Also, wind...

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-11-05, 09:53 AM
Sure the permanent fog idea works, but what if I am walking around or fighting and move outside the 5 feet range? Also, wind...I was going to say that permanency states that the listed effects can be added to objects, but then I realized that, while solid fog is there, fog cloud is not. If your simulacrum is wearing a necklace of adaptation, he could wear a false tooth of Leraje or something, with solid fog added to it. Any time it expects to be looked at with true seeing, it just opens its mouth to unleash the billowing permanencied Invisible solid fog. Alternately, if whoever cast the solid fog has access to Selective Spell, he could just make the simulacrum immune to its effects.

That, or just ask your DM if you could add solid fog to the permanency list.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-05, 10:17 AM
Permanencied Invisible fog cloud or similar. Any attempt at true seeing would net you a billowing cloud of fog.

[edit] If it had access to a possession effect, such as from the fiend of possession, ghost template, magic jar, or similar, it could always possess something else.

While it nominally does what the op asked for i'd say that the main goal here is to remain inconspicious. Having an invisible fog cloud around you that's really obviously intended to block people observing you with divinations like True Seeing is a giant red flag to anyone looking for infiltrators.

Know there is the spell from City of Stormreach book Cloak of Keyber but then I have to recast it every couple 10 days.
Mask of the Misplaced Aura (S:CoT) does what you need. It costs a whopping 77,000gp though. On the other hand the skill boni and other effects turn you into the perfect infiltrator if you combine it with the relatively cheap Ring of Mind Shielding.

Description: When you don this mask of black wood, the curves and whirls of it distort your appearance, alignment and mannerisms to appear as one specific person, chosen when you don the mask. The mask provides you with a +20 bonus to Bluff and Disguise checks, makes your lies undetectable by effects like Discern Lies, makes your alignment appear to be that of the subject (provided that you know it), and makes your magical disguise fool even True Seeing. You still count as your own alignment for the purposes of actual effects (smite evil, holy weapons, etc), despite the normal benefit of Misrepresent Alignment. The mask does not, however, mask your actual thoughts.

A permanent item of Cloak of Khyber might be cheaper if your DM allows custom items.

An item with permanent Nondetection should also work, but it obviously allows a CL check.
If PF content is allowed there's also the Iron Circlet of Guarded Souls (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/iron-circlet-of-guarded-souls), which makes you immune to anything Nondetection normally protects against.

Telok
2016-11-05, 03:23 PM
There's that psychoactive that acts a plate armor and counts as light armor. Enchant that to look like regular clothes and have the simraculum wear it at all times. The only thing True Seeing reveals is someone wearing magic armor.

Malimar
2016-11-05, 04:56 PM
Tell it to go swimming and then delete the ladders from the pool.