PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales Your favorite little rules, quirks, and silly little things

WarKitty
2016-11-05, 03:11 PM
So I'm a DM, and one of my rules is that any time someone makes a monty python reference, a swallow will fly in and poop on their head. I also gave permission for one of my PC's, a druid, to turn into a bear without using a wild shape use, only to smack (for non-lethal damage) anyone making a reference to the election.

BarbieTheRPG
2016-11-05, 05:52 PM
Anyone mentioning the Presidential election is shunted into an alternate reality where terminator's and predators stalk people.

Good luck.

Kitten Champion
2016-11-05, 07:09 PM
I also gave permission for one of my PC's, a druid, to turn into a bear without using a wild shape use, only to smack (for non-lethal damage) anyone making a reference to the election.

Anyone mentioning the Presidential election is shunted into an alternate reality where terminator's and predators stalk people.

Good luck.

Damn, I could have used either of those a month ago.

Only really the two - since we play next to a washer-dryer if its running there's a heavy storm in-game through the duration, and if the cat is on the table it counts as a bonus for dexterity and wisdom checks.

Nifft
2016-11-05, 07:15 PM
You can use any number of words in a sending spell as long as they're formed into a valid sonnet.

Inevitability
2016-11-06, 01:59 AM
When a player can't make a session, a dragon swoops down and carries their PC away for a tea party, not returning them until the player is back.

So far, this rule has spontaneously created dragons in a random forest, underground, hundreds of feet underwater and on other planes.

Batou1976
2016-11-06, 02:41 AM
My daughter's first character- a druid- had a trashcan connected to Hammerspace (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hammerspace) into which she swept the bodies of slain foes after combat, to keep "nature" (i.e. the dungeon) unpolluted.

This was her "in universe" explanation for where the "bodies" went after I would clear the minis from the playmat. :smallbiggrin:

gtwucla
2016-11-06, 06:07 AM
You can use any number of words in a sending spell as long as they're formed into a valid sonnet.

That, is an excellent rule.

LooseCannoneer
2016-11-06, 10:26 AM

Any particular form of sonnet, or are they all valid?

Nifft
2016-11-06, 11:05 AM
Any particular form of sonnet, or are they all valid?

All of the valid forms are valid. :wink:

There are infinite varieties of invalid forms which will not be valid. Those are how demons communicate: one invalid sonnet form for each layer of the Abyss.

Mr Blobby
2016-11-06, 11:57 AM
A few I've seen or done over the years...

#1 [WoD] - You get 1 Lethal Damage if you pull a blade out of your bra or thong.

#2 [WoD] - Anyone going around with a black trenchcoat and shades on will be accosted by a Man In Black who will greet the PC with the line 'Hello, Mr/Miss Anderson' and open fire with a pistol. Regardless of location.

#3 [WoD] - Anyone who says the line 'oh my god, we killed X' will hearby have the wraith of said dead person haunt them for the rest of the session.

#4 [Any] - Over-quoting of The Simpsons will result in the PC repeatedly treading on mislaid rakes a la Sideshow Bob for the rest of the session.

#5 [WoD] - Any vampire player who thinks the world comprises of strip-clubs and brothels will be thwarted by only finding furniture showrooms / stationery stores / garden centres to hunt in for the rest of the session.

#6 [Any] - Anyone who says 'it's quiet... too quiet' will discover they've actually gone temporarily deaf.

#7 [Any] - Anyone who bores the rest of the group with stupid war stories will have their PC accosted by an NPC who's furious that the PC left them to die on a mission and won't quit yelling about how cowardly and incompetent they are.

#8 [D&D] - Any PC who attempts to flirt their way through everything will find that they've now got a highly unsuitable and annoying suitor stalking them for the rest of the session. One which is way too powerful for them to kill.

#9 [D&D] - Any PC who puts *everything* in their Bag of Holding will discover the other PC's have actually been using said bag as a litterbin / toilet too. Or discovers a thief stole a few of their choice items and replaced them with wooden blocks.

Masema
2016-11-06, 05:44 PM
Anyone quoting Monty Python and the Holy grail is immediately affected by the following effects, depending on quote:
dropped to 1 hp. After all, it's only a flesh wound.
"It's only a model" Combine Shrink Person and Flesh to Stone.
"Ni!" or a reference to a Shrubber Temporarily transformed into a Shrubbery.
Any reference to a wooden badger results in an attack by a Badger with the Barkskin effect
"I don't want to go on the cart" (you don't want to know the penalty)