PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Chick Tract-inspired Devil Cult Dungeon

Brendanicus
2016-11-05, 05:02 PM
So an upcoming session will involve players needing to infiltrate an Asmodeus cult's recruiting center. Said recruiting center is basically a messed-up college house party. What sorts of cool encounters, both combat or noncombat, could the players go through?

A few ideas:

PC's are told not to go into the basement, where the REAL diabolism occurs. Naturally, something they need is in the basement.
Passed out people are being dragged out of the room by cloaked figures... They are then brought into the shed and sacrificed.
Succubus trying to seduce and eat people.

Occasional Sage
2016-11-05, 06:01 PM
This does not in any way sound like the kind of thing an Asmodean cult would do.

"Strictly Lawful, with a sharp focus on twisting mortals to your ends and an emphasis on long-term gain through planning and layered contingencies" should be what you think when you hear "Asmodeus". That's about as antithetical to "frat party" as it gets.

Brendanicus
2016-11-05, 06:27 PM
This does not in any way sound like the kind of thing an Asmodean cult would do.

"Strictly Lawful, with a sharp focus on twisting mortals to your ends and an emphasis on long-term gain through planning and layered contingencies" should be what you think when you hear "Asmodeus". That's about as antithetical to "frat party" as it gets.That is entirely fair. Demon cult it is!

Falcon X
2016-11-05, 07:17 PM
Too soon man, too soon. It's been, like, two weeks (http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/october/died-jack-chick-cartoonist-controversial-gospel-tracts.html).

...Is what I'd say if I liked Jack Chick.

NecroDancer
2016-11-05, 08:07 PM
Too soon man, too soon. It's been, like, two weeks (http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/october/died-jack-chick-cartoonist-controversial-gospel-tracts.html).

That guy was insane did you hear about his Vatican conspiracy theory

Falcon X
2016-11-05, 10:03 PM
The man offends me. As I am a Christian he offends me in how he represents us. And very little offends me...

Yes, I agree that Asmodeus would be the way to go, though I could see a person slowly working their way up through the demons of the layers of hell as they grow in levels. Let's hope the Paladins can save you before you make it to Asmodeus.

Are you planning this to be a classical fantasy game with elves and such, or are you planning to place this in a modern day setting?

TripleD
2016-11-05, 10:12 PM

He died? Wow. I was kind of hoping that the "'Chick' is a pen name shared by a group of satirists" theory would turn out to be true.

2D8HP
2016-11-06, 07:55 PM
“Not Black Leaf…”

:amused:

“I don’t want to be Elfstar anymore.”

:wink:

(My FLGS had the strip on the wall.
Good times)

:biggrin:

Occasional Sage
2016-11-06, 08:00 PM
He died? Wow. I was kind of hoping that the "'Chick' is a pen name shared by a group of satirists" theory would turn out to be true.

But then we don't get the satisfaction of still being alive.

Reosoul
2016-11-06, 09:00 PM

I usually don't care to discuss individual people, but I find a special place in my heart to loathe the type of creature that takes something good and tries to run it into the ground, not to mention all the damage it does to the people who were in bad situations and could have used an escape that D&D provided, in that day and age where 'mental illness' was something they might still give you shock therapy for. Good riddance, in any case.

ClintACK
2016-11-06, 09:08 PM
Asmodeus is definitely into recruiting the corrupt politician type. Perhaps the "college house party" is at a somewhat exclusive fraternity/secret society -- children of the wealthy and powerful making the connections that will last a lifetime.

The first challenge will be convincing the party-throwers that the party belongs. Probably a social challenge. But money might do it. Or stealth.

Then there's the next level -- succubi/cultists working the party looking for promising recruits. And also identifying worthless wannabes who they can strip of their souls more quickly.

If you want a proper combat encounter -- maybe one of the party members is ID'd as a likely mark, drugged and dragged off, to be sacrificed, and the others have to rescue them.

Or the party is attacked by a rival cult (perhaps crazy Demogorgon worshippers) and the party can ingratiate themselves with the Asmodeans by proving useful in fighting off the Demogorgonists...

comk59
2016-11-07, 03:37 AM
And don't forget to have the partiers commit the most grievous sin of all...

LARPING

Joe the Rat
2016-11-07, 10:39 AM
Asmodeus is definitely into recruiting the corrupt politician type. Perhaps the "college house party" is at a somewhat exclusive fraternity/secret society -- children of the wealthy and powerful making the connections that will last a lifetime.

The first challenge will be convincing the party-throwers that the party belongs. Probably a social challenge. But money might do it. Or stealth.

Then there's the next level -- succubi/cultists working the party looking for promising recruits. And also identifying worthless wannabes who they can strip of their souls more quickly.

If you want a proper combat encounter -- maybe one of the party members is ID'd as a likely mark, drugged and dragged off, to be sacrificed, and the others have to rescue them.

Or the party is attacked by a rival cult (perhaps crazy Demogorgon worshippers) and the party can ingratiate themselves with the Asmodeans by proving useful in fighting off the Demogorgonists...
The "festivities" are a bit of a cover - not everyone there is necessarily being sought as a recruit, but the larger numbers make the disappearances (for recruitment or "other uses") less noticeable.
So you have standard "meet at an inn" shenanigans (are you the band, is the rogue distracted by that redhead, drinking contest, stupid party games, Good Natured Brawling), Scions of the Courts interactions (getting in good with the recruits, or the recruiters), scooby dooing the bad stuff (finding the Double Secret Pact-Making Room With the Good Scotch, The 'Cubi and Questionable Mattress, cold storage, somebody doing a little side business, The Truth about the Punch, saving the innocent revelers), and what happens when you break the system.

I love the idea of Demogorgon Party Crashers. One of their leaders is actively trying to fit into the "in crowd" for infiltration/counter-recruitment. The other one is the "WHOOOOOOOO!" guy.

Fuzzy Logic
2016-11-10, 08:19 AM
To everyone that's been hurt by jack, I offer you this (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=subQrEPKytA).

2D8HP
2016-11-10, 11:57 PM
To everyone that's been hurt by jack, I offer you this (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=subQrEPKytA).

I'm surprised that no one's yet linked to:
Whatever Happened to Elfstar? (http://blog.fantasyheartbreaker.com/2010/04/21/whatever-happened-to-elfstar/)