PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Curse of the Crimson Throne as an Alchemist

Cardea
2016-11-05, 05:04 PM
So I'm going to start playing in Curse of the Crimson Throne as an Alchemist, and wanted to hit you guys up for some tips.

Now, I'm not looking for "You'll want to pack [x] extract in book 4 gehehehehe" kind of advice, more along the lines of what they would have presented in the Player's Guide if Alchemist had been around, and what you have gained from your time playing in CotCT as an Alchemist.

Thank you in advance.

CockroachTeaParty
2016-11-06, 01:52 AM
My roommate just got the anniversary edition of CotCT, so I'll check to see if it mentions alchemists.

In general, you'll be spending about 80% of your time in an urban environment, mostly fighting humans. Thus, there's no major energy type concerns if you want to focus on bombs. The campaign visits most of the major problems you might expect in a vaguely-medieval-era city, so get ready to deal with intrigue, crime, civil unrest, riots, mob rule, disease, corruption, and politics.

They've re-statted some of the old NPCs for the anniversary edition, some of which have gained alchemist levels, so you can expect to find some support in the form of formula books and gear at least a few times.

Since you'll be fighting so many humans, you can pursue poison production with more confidence than normal, although that's still something of a money sink.

You'll also find yourself fighting indoors and in cramped quarters and alleyways a lot, so extracts of Enlarge Person might best be avoided if you're considering a melee route.