PDA

View Full Version : TV Teen Titans Go: Damian Wayne and other horrible iteration of Titans as roster

t209
2016-11-05, 06:58 PM
Sooooo, many of you are miffed on the horrible tv series that Titans being not heroes at all and plan silly.
So I have a terrible idea of using the most hated roster and cast members of titans that would seem less ruining cartoon and more...i don't know if that would be good but at least it will be unique-ish.
My take:
Damian Wayne as Robin
Speedy with a dead cat and robot arm
Slade with a match box
Bunker from New 52
Comic!Terra
Terry Long
Think it would be entertaining?

The Fury
2016-11-11, 02:58 PM
Could you work Jason Todd in there somewhere? Maybe he can be on hand for Robin's many failures to comment on how he could do a better job. He never does though, that's the joke.

I'd suggest the New 52 version of Starfire, she's easily the worst version of the character I've seen, but the main reason why she's bad is because she's boring.

If I could offer a controversial opinion though-- Teen Titans Go? It's actually not that bad. It has a lot of hit and miss humor, and the episodes they devote making fun of the fans of the old cartoon are more tedious than anything else. There's also the fact that Cartoon Network's programing does have more Teen Titans Go reruns than anything else. Aside from that, there are some episodes that I did think were genuinely funny.

t209
2016-11-11, 10:27 PM
Could you work Jason Todd in there somewhere? Maybe he can be on hand for Robin's many failures to comment on how he could do a better job. He never does though, that's the joke.
Well, he did appear in episode as an urn with a crowbar nearby.
Plus Damian is pretty bossy and arrogant brat in my opinion. Plus might be a better straight man that the show lacks.

Metahuman1
2016-11-11, 11:15 PM
Damian would fill the straight man role. Though honestly prior to the new 52 Grant Morrison had actually gotten him to a place were he wasn't a horrible person and was actually kind of likeable in his own odd ball kind of way.

He was growing and getting better as a character thanks to time interacting with other batfamily. Not just Grayson, but Stephanie Brown and to a lesser extent Tim Drake and Cassie Cain.

As far as utterly hated titans characters, there was a titans run in the late 90's and early 2000's were about half of the run got eaten by these kids who were government experiments or something, and the editor was pushing to make them the stars and the actual titans to get a spin off from there own book at best. (Guy didn't even know that Grayson was and had been Nightwing for decades at that point and kept calling him Robin.) I'd nominate them.

I'd also nominate Danny Chase, even though I personally didn't actually have a beef with him. Fans detested him for some reason, I just saw potential that was never allowed to be properly tapped and reached.

The Fury
2016-11-12, 02:15 AM
Well, he did appear in episode as an urn with a crowbar nearby.
Plus Damian is pretty bossy and arrogant brat in my opinion. Plus might be a better straight man that the show lacks.

Oh yeah, he did! I forgot. Though it kind of brings up a conversation I had with someone regarding whether or not Teen Titans Go had continuity-- I said that it does, but only whenever it feels like having it. As for the straight man... if you're going to keep the general tone of the show, wouldn't you want to keep the storytelling mechanic of having everyone take turns being the straight man?

As far as utterly hated titans characters, there was a titans run in the late 90's and early 2000's were about half of the run got eaten by these kids who were government experiments or something, and the editor was pushing to make them the stars and the actual titans to get a spin off from there own book at best. (Guy didn't even know that Grayson was and had been Nightwing for decades at that point and kept calling him Robin.) I'd nominate them.

Actually that makes me wonder if we had Damian Wayne as Robin, would **** Grayson (Crazy!Robin) be Nightwing?

Hopeless
2016-11-12, 09:31 AM
In the latest Batman Unlimited release they introduced a version of Damien who actually doesn't suck!

He was pretty much okay which is miles better than what I've been hearing about!

For me there is no Teen Titans Go I still remember the Teen Titans animated series with Ron Perlman as Deathstroke!

The Fury
2016-11-12, 01:53 PM
I
For me there is no Teen Titans Go I still remember the Teen Titans animated series with Ron Perlman as Deathstroke!

That's one of my favorite versions of the character. Slade had a cool-looking character design and and even cooler-sounding voice, (Perlman really knocked that one out of the park,) and funnily enough, I thought "Slade" was a better villain name than "Deathstroke." That said, I couldn't shake the feeling that the writers really didn't know what they were doing with him. As in Slade says several times that he's got an agenda but neither the Titans nor the audience have any clue what that is. I guess he does take over the city at one point.

t209
2016-12-13, 12:26 AM
I wonder why people haven't hate Damian much to be suggested to be put on TTG? I mean I like him but he's snotty and arrogant to be comedy gold.
edit:
Or imagine at rip on Dan Didio's DC to make it watchable. (like Clown episode as New 52, time travel episode as Flashpoint, etc.)
Also I think Dr. Manhattan (https://i.redd.it/8cm3u5av250y.jpg) did it again (A nod to DC Rebirth where Flash did not erase DC earth to save his mom and replace it with New 52 but it was the blue guy all along).