PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Are the Linnorm Death Curse Barbarian rage powers worth taking?

SangoProduction
2016-11-05, 07:36 PM
They are only 1 damage per attack... However, I am planning to have 4 natural attacks (plus TWF Unarmed attacks... possibly, haven't counted how many rage powers I'd have). I have seen other rage powers that grant bonus damage dice or accuracy for like one attack or one round (forget which), but none that add flat bonuses to attacks overall.

I do also like having the death curses which sound like a cool "screw you" retributive hit...except it's based on charisma, and is largely not going to affect anything (except maybe the healing prevention, in low-op games, or special circumstances), and maybe the aging death curse if you somehow get wiped by the BBEG...and he somehow doesn't save... Anyway, it will probably never be useful regardless.

So, do you guys think they're worthwhile?

Genth
2016-11-05, 07:46 PM
They strike me as very good feats rage powers for NPC enemies, adding thematic value to your victories.

*edit* I'm sleep deprived, ok?!

Necroticplague
2016-11-05, 07:48 PM
Not really. The damage is incredibly minor, and anything that functions when you die or are KOd is the very definition of 'too little, too late'.

Deadkitten
2016-11-05, 09:56 PM
Its sort of in the vague area of the rules, but they should work on summoned creatures which can get out of hand.

Extra Anchovies
2016-11-05, 10:15 PM
How about in conjunction with effects which trigger whenever you deal damage of some energy type or another? The only thing a quick search on the PFSRD turns up is Fire God's Blessing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/fire-god-s-blessing). It's the sort of effect we're looking for, but healing 1 hp per round is far from impressive. Without the 1/round cap it might be worthwhile.