PDA

View Full Version : To the giant

Flubadubdub
2007-07-12, 07:43 PM
I have enjoyed your comic for quite some time now, and played D&D for quite some time longer. I fully agree with your decision to take a break to recover. As for getting another artist to fill in during this time though I am rather concerned about. Oots has been your work for all this time now, and even if the ideas we're still yours and all the other guy did was do the drawings, it still wouldn't be the same. I personally am willing to wait however long you feel the need to take a break.

Thanks.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-07-12, 08:14 PM
Nevermind.

Get well soon, Rich!

Chronos
2007-07-12, 08:42 PM
I think the idea is that a guest artist wouldn't be drawing Order of the Stick, just something else to keep us entertained meanwhile. Then once he was feeling recuperated, Rich would pick up back where he left off.

But I can certainly echo your concern for Rich and your appreciation of his work!

MightyMuenster
2007-07-12, 08:45 PM
It may just be guest artists doing fillers that don't fit into any plot using OotS characters. I think I remember one from a while back that was cool; the OotSers were drawn very much not as stick figures.

Kreistor
2007-07-12, 09:10 PM
Actually, I think I agree on this one. I've seen guest artists on other comics and though they are sometimes interesting, they aren't the same. Sometimes they just don't get it at all.

Take a break and don't worry about us. We'll get along just fine without our thrice weekly dose of comedic fantasy. And I highly doubt you'll lose a single reader in the process.

Krytha
2007-07-12, 09:11 PM
I have enjoyed your comic for quite some time now, and played D&D for quite some time longer. I fully agree with your decision to take a break to recover. As for getting another artist to fill in during this time though I am rather concerned about. Oots has been your work for all this time now, and even if the ideas we're still yours and all the other guy did was do the drawings, it still wouldn't be the same. I personally am willing to wait however long you feel the need to take a break.

Thanks.

This (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/GuestStrips.html) is the sort of thing we would be seeing while Rich is taking his break.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-07-13, 12:29 AM
Well, I only support the idea of a guest artist because I'd really like to see how other people interpret OOTS. Sure it wouldn't be the same, but I think it would be interesting to see OOTS in someone else's style.

TigerHunter
2007-07-13, 12:38 AM
Well, I only support the idea of a guest artist because I'd really like to see how other people interpret OOTS. Sure it wouldn't be the same, but I think it would be interesting to see OOTS in someone else's style.
See above link.