PDA

View Full Version : How would you build Morgiana (from:Magi the Labyrinth of Magic)

D&DPrinceTandem
2016-11-06, 12:55 AM
As the title says. I am very confused on how i would make her. i think of her as some type of monk or battle dancer but that's my opinion. There are not really any rules other than the regular stated in the players handbook because it won't be being used in a campaign. Morgiana also seems like she has the ki shout feat.
Thanks in advance.

Warning Sub english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrOPV2Z0uM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzhGxSG6mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxVb6eyrbYo
not so much worried about the last.

meemaas
2016-11-06, 05:45 AM
I'd suggest Unarmed Swordsage as a base, with the jump based maneuvers from Tiger Claw. Morgianas mobility is her greatest asset, even more so than her monstrous power. I'd also swap in Fools Errand (playtest is on this forum, it's pathfinder content but can be perfectly compatible with 3.5) as many of its maneuvers emphasize mobility, and the fifth level stance The Ladder even represents her ability to wall jump perfectly.

Mind you, none of this helps with her household vessel, but seeing as she has minimal magoi anyways it's not much of a loss

Fizban
2016-11-06, 07:43 AM
Decent unarmed class of choice. In a world where there are few monsters, spellcasters, or magic items, even a normal monk is perfectly usable (especially if you're applied a monk fix), though a martial adept has a lot more room for punch thanks to the manuevers, and barbarian dips are always appropriate. The household vessels are of course just that world's version of magic items with their own rules structure, that can be activated more often if you have more spells to burn (or might even bring up their own side stat like a small power point progression on all characters), and as a non-caster without particularly exceptional mental stats she's got no juice of her own.

Kiai Shout is pretty cool, but she's not a cha type so it's mechanically quite a waste. Better to go intimidate since the skill ranks can still crush low-BAB foes and she can have a circumstance bonus from her people's reputation, Imperious Command+Never Outnumbered is enough to stop a couple guys in their tracks long enough to get within range.

D&DPrinceTandem
2016-11-06, 05:17 PM
I'd suggest Unarmed Swordsage as a base, with the jump based maneuvers from Tiger Claw. Morgianas mobility is her greatest asset, even more so than her monstrous power. I'd also swap in Fools Errand (playtest is on this forum, it's pathfinder content but can be perfectly compatible with 3.5) as many of its maneuvers emphasize mobility, and the fifth level stance The Ladder even represents her ability to wall jump perfectly.

Mind you, none of this helps with her household vessel, but seeing as she has minimal magoi anyways it's not much of a loss
She could also take desert wind stuff, playing of the mobility thing

Decent unarmed class of choice. In a world where there are few monsters, spellcasters, or magic items, even a normal monk is perfectly usable (especially if you're applied a monk fix), though a martial adept has a lot more room for punch thanks to the manuevers, and barbarian dips are always appropriate. The household vessels are of course just that world's version of magic items with their own rules structure, that can be activated more often if you have more spells to burn (or might even bring up their own side stat like a small power point progression on all characters), and as a non-caster without particularly exceptional mental stats she's got no juice of her own.

Kiai Shout is pretty cool, but she's not a cha type so it's mechanically quite a waste. Better to go intimidate since the skill ranks can still crush low-BAB foes and she can have a circumstance bonus from her people's reputation, Imperious Command+Never Outnumbered is enough to stop a couple guys in their tracks long enough to get within range.

Maybe i should make her a battle dancer and base her abilities around cha then.
I think the household vessels are a lot like legacy weapons with some... nasty side effects. Or even better the item familiar feat.
then I can max intimidate ranks, and put the max twice in because of item familiar, then have a super high cha. I would then also take Imperious Command feat and and the Never Outnumbered as you said.
I could get slippers of the battle dancer and take perform dance so i can get cha to my attack and damege.

Id use spiked chains as my item familiar because it goes.
any more ideas

Waker
2016-11-06, 06:55 PM
Barbarian Spirit Lion ACF from Complete Champion, gives you the ability to Roar and shaken enemies within 30ft (Will sv, 10+1/2 Barbarian lvl+ Str mod), lasts for rounds equal to barbarian level. Replaces DR, gain extra daily uses each time you would get extra DR. Biggest downside is the wait until lvl 7 to get it.
Fist of the Forest Prc. I know she doesn't use claws or teeth, but the bonuses to speed, damage and getting Con to AC are all really nice. I can't remember if she has heightened senses or not, but the class also gives you scent.

meemaas
2016-11-06, 07:58 PM
Fist of the Forest Prc. I know she doesn't use claws or teeth, but the bonuses to speed, damage and getting Con to AC are all really nice. I can't remember if she has heightened senses or not, but the class also gives you scent.

She has been noted to have a powerful sense of smell.

D&DPrinceTandem
2016-11-07, 08:04 PM
Would it be to MAD to add fist of the forest on top of what i already have said

Waker
2016-11-07, 10:42 PM
Would it be to MAD to add fist of the forest on top of what i already have said

To take Fist as a Battledancer? Not really. Con is a stat everyone likes anyways, and while having it higher is always nice you aren't required.

ShurikVch
2016-11-10, 12:23 PM
Hearing the Air martial stance is great for echolocation

If you OK with 3rd-party stuff, then tabletop d20 adaptation of Warcraft have Intimidating Shout, which cause Shaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken) condition, and, unlike the Ki Shout, don't limited by the enemy's HD; usually, [Shout] feats are 1/day without extra feats, but if you take Inner Rage feat, then you will be able (while in Rage) to use it without restriction - even multiple times per turn (free action)