PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a list or pdf of the new races and their stats?

Matticusrex
2016-11-06, 04:54 AM
Or is it still too early?

Dman
2016-11-06, 06:20 AM
Aasimar

Base
+2 Cha
Medium
30 feet
Darkvision
Necrotic and Raidiant resistant
able to heal 1 creature by touch = level/long rest
Light cantrip
Common and Celestial

Protector
+1 Wis
Transform 1per long rest extra radiant damage per level 30 feet flyspeed

Scourge
+1 Con
Transform 1per long rest glow and end of each turn you and everyone within 10 feet take radiant = half level rounded up and extra radiant damage once per turn

Fallen
+1 Str
Transform 1per long rest untill next turn Cha saving throw or everyone is scared of you. (DC 8+ Prof + Cha mod)

Kenku
+2 Dex +1 Wis
Med
30 feet
advantage on rolls to make forgeries
2 skills from Acrobatics, Deception, Stealth and Slight of Hand
mimic sounds and voice
Read and write common and Auran but can only speak by mimic

Lizardfolk
+2 Con +1 Wis
Med
30 feet Swim and walk
Bite natural weapon unarmed strike 1d6+str mod
Can scavange carcasess to make basic items and ammo.
Hold breath for 15 mins
2 skills from Animal Handling Nature Perception Stealth Survival
Natural armour AC=13 + Dex mod
Special bite bonus action if hit normal damage +healing = con mod per rest
Common Draconic

Tabaxi
+2 Dex +1 Cha
Med
30 Feet walk
Darkvision
Free dash but cannot be used again untill you move 0 feet on one of your turns
Climbing speed of 20 feet + unarmed strike 1d4 + Str
Perception + Stealth
Common + any other

Triton
Str Con Cha +1
Med
30 swim and walk speed
can breath air and water
fog cloud level 1 3rd level gust of wind 5th level wall of water per long rest CHA is spellcasting ability
limited communication with beasts that can breath water
can survive deep water
Common and Primordial

Bugbear
+2 Str +1 Dex
Med
30 feet
Darkvision
5 foot extra reach than normal
Powerful build
Steath
Suprise attack extra 2d6 damage if hit 1 per combat
Languages Common and Goblin

Goblin
+2 Dex +1 Con
Small
30 feet
Darkvision
bonus damage = level if opponent is larger per long rest
Disengage or hide as a bonus action

Hobgoblin
+2 Con +1 Int
Med
30 feet
Darkvision
Proficient with 2 martial weapons + Light armour
Bonus to attack roll saving throw or ability checks = to allies within 30 feet (max 5) per short or long rest

Kobold
+2 Dex -2 Str
Small
Darkvision
Skill to distract foes allies get advantage on enemies within 10 feet of you and that can see you per short or long rest
Pack Tactics
Sunlight Sensitivity
Languages Common and Draconic

Orc
+2 Str +1 Con -2 Int
Med
Darkvision
Bonus movement towards enemy that you can see or hear
Proficiancy in Intimidation
Powerful build
Languages Common and Orc

Yuan-Ti Pureblood
+2 Cha +1 Int
Med
Darkvision
Poision Spray unlimited animal friendship on snakes 3 level suggestion. Charisma for spellcasting ability
Magic resistance
Poision immunity
Languages Common Abyssal Draconic

DanyBallon
2016-11-06, 06:26 AM
Thank you very much for the list.

I have a question though, I don't understand the Aasimar "transform" ability, can you elaborate on this feature please?

Dman
2016-11-06, 06:29 AM
at 3rd level each subtype can transform for one minute and gain the benefits outlined Protector also gets a flying speed of 30 feet during that minuite

Balyano
2016-11-06, 07:06 AM
Seems so odd to me that goblins don't get proficiency in stealth. And their ability to hide and disengage overlaps with the rogue so that they are surprisingly not that great for rogues. Maybe I'll homebrew them some alternate class features to make up for it. Or just rework the goblinoids. I was hoping against hope that the goblins would be a single race with different subraces. Give them a +1 dex for being goblinoids then +2 str bugbear, +2 con goblin, +2 int blue, +2 wis bhuka, +2 cha hobgoblin. Also was wishing they would have gith race with zerai and yanki subraces....oh well, triton looks fun though

NecroDancer
2016-11-06, 08:55 AM
Pure bloods are crazy good!

RickAllison
2016-11-06, 09:08 AM
I would like to note that the Tabaxi's Feline Agility does not function as a free Dash action as DMan put it. Instead, it is doubled speed for the round. Meaning it stacks with Dashing and other speed abilities.

PotatoGolem
2016-11-06, 10:27 AM
Interesting that hobgoblins make great wizards- int and con bonus and light armor is quite useful

Dman
2016-11-06, 10:58 AM
I would like to note that the Tabaxi's Feline Agility does not function as a free Dash action as DMan put it. Instead, it is doubled speed for the round. Meaning it stacks with Dashing and other speed abilities.

well sure it stacks but I ment its double speed without any drawbacks. I mean dashing too much gets you exhausted sure this is a one time thing but still.

RickAllison
2016-11-06, 11:19 AM
well sure it stacks but I ment its double speed without any drawbacks. I mean dashing too much gets you exhausted sure this is a one time thing but still.

Exactly, it is much better than Dash, hence why I clarified it. Saying it is a free "dash" is misleading.

Spacehamster
2016-11-06, 11:52 AM
This one on bugbear "Suprise attack extra 2d6 damage if hit 1 per combat"
you mean once per combat round they add 2d6 to one of their attack or just once per combat?

Dman
2016-11-06, 11:57 AM
This one on bugbear "Suprise attack extra 2d6 damage if hit 1 per combat"
you mean once per combat round they add 2d6 to one of their attack or just once per combat?

once per combat

Fflewddur Fflam
2016-11-06, 12:23 PM
This list is missing Firbolg stats. Fallen Aasimar do necrotic damage based on level.

Spacehamster
2016-11-06, 12:33 PM
once per combat

Thanks, thats dissapointing but guess if you can choose when to do that extra damage you can put it on on a crit or when you
know you need to do extra damage to get something down quick so could still be useful I guess. :)

Zanthy1
2016-11-06, 12:35 PM
I'm noticing the first races that have a negative stat modifier?

RickAllison
2016-11-06, 12:39 PM
I'm noticing the first races that have a negative stat modifier?

Yes. Kobolds are understandable because GWM with Pack Tactics would be brutal, but I don't think the penalty for orcs is necessary. More for RP reasons than anything, so I would just get rid of it.

j_spencer93
2016-11-06, 12:39 PM
Yea, the last few are in the end of the race section actually and say break the norm for races. Pretty neat. Always liked negative modifiers for the most part.

Sigreid
2016-11-06, 01:19 PM
Thanks, thats dissapointing but guess if you can choose when to do that extra damage you can put it on on a crit or when you
know you need to do extra damage to get something down quick so could still be useful I guess. :)

As written, it only applies when you have surprise. So how often depends on the player and the group.

Sigreid
2016-11-06, 01:22 PM
Yes. Kobolds are understandable because GWM with Pack Tactics would be brutal, but I don't think the penalty for orcs is necessary. More for RP reasons than anything, so I would just get rid of it.

I disagree as kobolds can't use heavy weapons effectively anyway. But, since we don't play at the same table, it hardly matters that we agree or don't. :smallbiggrin:

Osrogue
2016-11-06, 02:14 PM
I disagree as kobolds can't use heavy weapons effectively anyway. But, since we don't play at the same table, it hardly matters that we agree or don't. :smallbiggrin:

On the contrary, kobolds might be the only small race that can use heavy weapons effectively because of pack tactics. As long as a kobold is near an ally, their advantage cancels out the disadvantage of using a heavy weapon. but kobolds take a penalty in strength, so kobold strength builds aren't going to happen much.

Sigreid
2016-11-06, 02:21 PM
On the contrary, kobolds might be the only small race that can use heavy weapons effectively because of pack tactics. As long as a kobold is near an ally, their advantage cancels out the disadvantage of using a heavy weapon. but kobolds take a penalty in strength, so kobold strength builds aren't going to happen much.

If pack tactics were going to worry me it would be the finesse weapon Champion fighter 3/paladin x combo that would do it.

Osrogue
2016-11-06, 02:34 PM
If pack tactics were going to worry me it would be the finesse weapon Champion fighter 3/paladin x combo that would do it.

Not arguing that. Even without the strength loss, they should go dex, just that unlike most small races, they actually can use heavy weapons.

Nishant
2016-11-06, 04:33 PM
do bugbears always have 10ft reach, or is it limited like their extra damage?

Sigreid
2016-11-06, 04:34 PM
do bugbears always have 10ft reach, or is it limited like their extra damage?

Always on their turn, so RAW not for reaction attacks.

Arcangel4774
2016-11-06, 11:17 PM
I've pre-ordered the book but am too impatient for it to come lol. So I have a couple questions.
1)For Aasimar: what is bonus damage scaling on the attacks. And what is the fear range/friendly fire for fallen.
2) for the lizardfolk how does the bite healing work. And is con mod/rest apply to the healing or the bite in general.

Dman
2016-11-06, 11:45 PM
I've pre-ordered the book but am too impatient for it to come lol. So I have a couple questions.
1)For Aasimar: what is bonus damage scaling on the attacks. And what is the fear range/friendly fire for fallen.
2) for the lizardfolk how does the bite healing work. And is con mod/rest apply to the healing or the bite in general.

1) its for level so a level 5 would do 5 damage etc. 10 foot
2) you gain points equal to con modifier (minimum of 1) the con modifier is for the healing only you use strength for the bite aspect only