PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need help making a dhampir necromancer

djwood
2016-11-07, 10:37 AM
Hello everyone. The name is Djwood, long time fan of the forums. Anyways, I'll get right to the point of this thread. I always yolo 'd with my character builds, but now I want to Min/Max this build to its full potential.

Basically I've signed up for my very first pathfinder undead campaign! Huzzah! But I need to have a complete character sheet in by the 28th or else I'm out of the fun and games. I'm turning to you, GitP forums, to lend me aid in my time of need.

Basically I've decided to make a necromancer going through the wizard tree. I'll be dhampir taking its wizard archetype "cruoromancer". But seeing as I'm still rather...fresh...I have no idea what to do nor how to fully utilize it. For the dhampir heritage, I was thinking of Ru-Shi ( +str, +2 int, -2 dex)

Here are some basic rules of the game I'm in. We start at 5th level. We get 6000gp. Spells, feats and everything are from all the path finder books, but if there's a 3pp thing I might be able to convince the DM.

I rolled 14,13,14,18,12,18 pretty low, I know.

Basically, what I'm asking is can you help me with my ability point, skill, feat and gear choices? I'm really, utterly lost. This will actually be my first time necromancing can you guys go with baby skeleton steps please.

The popping woods of the west,

Djwood
Much Thanks!

Psyren
2016-11-07, 05:08 PM
These are the sorts of broad questions handbooks are great at answering. If you haven't already, try this one (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mmafMuRRd3ubCMhCNmOomLUn_YvaVXiHwSyuC1YDrNc/edit) and this one. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hA61fDAxblBxbRXe236ZUmobf38hkB9d_foo3dEi7N4/pub)

For the cruoromancer specifically, you've already gone the right route by picking a variant Dhampir heritage, but I'd recommend the Vetala-born rather than the Ru-Shi. The stats are perfect at +Dex +Int with a penalty to +Wis, which is your strongest save anyway so you can afford a penalty. Beyond that, I'd say read some Wiz handbooks as a starting point.

djwood
2016-11-08, 01:39 PM
For the cruoromancer specifically, you've already gone the right route by picking a variant Dhampir heritage, but I'd recommend the Vetala-born rather than the Ru-Shi. The stats are perfect at +Dex +Int with a penalty to +Wis, which is your strongest save anyway so you can afford a penalty. Beyond that, I'd say read some Wiz handbooks as a starting point.

thanks a bunch! I've been looking at so many handbooks about necromancy, but I still don't know if I should go minionmancer vs Bigass skeleton mancer.

any pros and cons from personal experience?