PDA

View Full Version : Elementals, Mind affecting spells and color spray

Albions_Angel
2016-11-07, 02:09 PM
So, nothing in the elemental definition says they are immune to mind affecting spells, nor does it say they are blind. They are immune to stunning and sleep, but thats it (with regard to mind affecting spells).

So am I right in thinking that mind affecting spells work on them? And that while it wont knock them out or stun them, colour spray will still blind a small elemental, right?

KillingAScarab
2016-11-07, 03:41 PM
So, nothing in the elemental definition says they are immune to mind affecting spells, nor does it say they are blind. They are immune to stunning and sleep, but thats it (with regard to mind affecting spells).

So am I right in thinking that mind affecting spells work on them? And that while it wont knock them out or stun them, colour spray will still blind a small elemental, right?Correct, an elemental with 2 hit dice or fewer (also 3 or 4 HD) may still be blinded by color spray on a failed will save. Darkvision is listed in the elemental traits, so they generally are sighted. I think their immunity to critical hits would prevent them from being knocked unconscious, but I'm not certain.

Diarmuid
2016-11-07, 03:53 PM
Not sure if this is 3.5 or PF, but in 3.5 this is included in the Elemental Type:

Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, and stunning.

The "unconscious" and "blinded" effects of Color Spray should be able to effect them if they fall within the appropriate HD ranges.