PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Build Help with Sorcerer?

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-07, 03:11 PM
So I have this sorcerer. I know I later levels what will happen. I need something maybe other then straight sorcerer in the middle levels:)

Sorcerer ? (Lvl 1-
?
Fatespinner-2 (LVL9-10)
Argant Savant-5(LV 11-20 Alternating)
Abjurant Champion-5(LV 11-20 Alternating)

So if you plan on taking these two as early as possible which if straight sorcerer would be level 11.. how many levels of sorcerer should I take? Is there another prestige class that I could dip 4-5 levels into earlier then 11?

No Homebrew, No Dragon Magazine. No Tombs, no Unearthed Arcana.

BowStreetRunner
2016-11-07, 03:26 PM
Here is a list of prestige classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?294500-The-Improved-Sorcerer) you can take that advance sorcerer progression. Take a look through the list and see what fits your build concept.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-07, 04:23 PM
Thank You, Modified build. Still have some holes though:)

JeminiZero
2016-11-07, 08:57 PM
If your DM lets you use the Arcane Preparation and spell pool, Mage Of the Arcane Order is excellent.

My other favorite Sorcerer PrC is Incantatrix: http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20010803

But you need Knowledge-The Planes to qualify. Which means either Versatile feat from Rokugan, or Educated feat from Eberron

Chulehdoido
2016-11-09, 07:40 PM
Divine Sorcerer( Complete Champion ) + Domain Acess + Divine Acess= Qualify to Dweomerkeeper
If your DM disagree, Domain spell is not divine. So, Imbue with spell ability = Divine Casting acess
Acess to Supernatural Spells = I win button

Undead Battery feat + Summon Undead = Free persist and free metamagic

If possible acess to Zhentarim Skymage(Gray Linnorm as mount/pet MMII pag 141)

Acess to Rings of Theurgy + Transfering spell to ring Gray Linnorm/Elemental Weirdy/Planetar/Black Etheureal(Binding spell) = Acess to every spell

Thac0 Redeye
2016-11-09, 08:01 PM
I'm currently playing a scout3/sorcerer. I filled in with abjour champ and spellwarp sniper. At 3rd level sniper you can convert area spells (fireball or acid breath etc) into rays. No REF just ranged touch attack. Then I invested in rods of split rays. At caster level 10, you damage 20d6 of fire or acid or what ever. How does this sound with your build?

umbergod
2016-11-09, 08:22 PM
Divine Sorcerer( Complete Champion ) + Domain Acess + Divine Acess= Qualify to Dweomerkeeper
If your DM disagree, Domain spell is not divine. So, Imbue with spell ability = Divine Casting acess
Acess to Supernatural Spells = I win button

Undead Battery feat + Summon Undead = Free persist and free metamagic

If possible acess to Zhentarim Skymage(Gray Linnorm as mount/pet MMII pag 141)

Acess to Rings of Theurgy + Transfering spell to ring Gray Linnorm/Elemental Weirdy/Planetar/Black Etheureal(Binding spell) = Acess to every spell

Lord Drako is baaaack!

Chulehdoido
2016-11-09, 08:33 PM
He's Returned! I hate him!
http://fotografiageek.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/the-daily-life-of-darth-vader-is-my-latest-365-day-photo-project-33__880.jpg

Khedrac
2016-11-10, 06:32 AM
But you need Knowledge-The Planes to qualify. Which means either Versatile feat from Rokugan, or Educated feat from Eberron
Or Keeper of Forbidden Lore from Fiendish Codex I (if your DM doesn't permit campaign specific books from other worlds).

Chulehdoido
2016-11-10, 06:56 AM
Incantatrix was uptade to 3.5! Player guide to faerun. It dont require Knowledge(planes)