PDA

View Full Version : Sting like a really big bee! [Feats]

Mephibosheth
2007-07-12, 11:03 PM
PUMMEL [General, Fighter]
Clasping your hands together, you are able to make powerful two-handed attacks
Prerequisites: Strength 13+, BAB +4, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack
Benefit: When making an unarmed attack, you apply 1.5 times your strength modifier as a bonus to damage rolls. Additionally, when using the Power Attack feat, you add twice the number subtracted from your attack rolls as a bonus to damage rolls.
Special: When using this feat, you may not take advantage of extra attacks from, Two-Weapon Fighting, Flurry of Blows or any similar ability (like a Frostrager’s One-Two Punch ability or the Whirling Frenzy rage variant). You may still take advantage of extra attacks granted by the Haste spell and other, similar sources. A Fighter can select Pummel as one of his/her Fighter bonus feats.

IMPROVED PUMMEL [General, Fighter]
Your pummeling attacks are lightening-fast.
Prerequisites: Strength 13+, BAB +6, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Pummel
Benefit: When using the Pummel feat, you may take advantage of extra attacks from any source except Two Weapon Fighting.
Special: A Fighter can select Improved Pummel as one of his/her Fighter bonus feats.

I don't know if any feats like this exist, but it seems to me like an ability that makes unarmed strike more viable for non-monk builds and doesn't overpower any class that takes it. If this ability already exists, or is possible without feats, please point me in the right direction. Part of me thinks I read something about it at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember where...

Let me know what you think!

Mephibosheth

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 06:12 PM
Shouldn't Power Attack be a prerequisite? It seems appropriate.

TheLogman
2007-07-13, 07:11 PM
Well, at first look, this seems like a completely overpowered feat.

Then, I realize it's for monks.

Very good then, an excellent way to make monks a reasonable class to play. This way, a monk can finally get the (Almost) same damage output with his fists, as a fighter with a Greatsword. Excellent.

I do agree that Power attack should be a prerequisite though.

Mephibosheth
2007-07-13, 09:12 PM
I don't see a reason why Power Attack couldn't be a prerequisite. Done and done.

Logman: why overpowered? Is there something I've missed?

TheLogman
2007-07-13, 09:16 PM
Huh? It's not, it just seemed like that, low prerequisites and the ability to treat all attacks as 1.5 times stronger just seeems overpowered, until you realize that this is actually just balancing monks to the point that they are almost as good as fighters.

Mephibosheth
2007-07-13, 10:40 PM
Edited above. Thanks for the comments!

Matthew
2007-07-28, 02:14 AM
You might want to exclude Multi Weapon Fighting as well as Two Weapon Fighting from Improved Pummel.

Kyroswolf
2007-11-01, 05:20 PM
Just trying to be clear. Without Improved Pummel, are you forfeiting the extra attacks from a BAB of >+5?

Mephibosheth
2007-11-08, 04:46 PM
No, just from sources like Flurry of Blows and (obviously) Two Weapon Fighting.