PDA

View Full Version : Redcloak had a minor art change

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-12, 11:08 PM
When we see Redcloak here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0376.html
and in every strip prior, the center of his holy symbol/amulet is black. But the next time we see him, here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0414.html it is white-ish gold-ish. It has stayed that way in every strip beyond that point.

Just thought I'd mention that I'd noticed it, for the sheer novelty of believing I am the only one who has. It's all part of my evil plan, you see. :nale:

TigerHunter
2007-07-12, 11:11 PM
Just thought I'd mention that I'd noticed it, for the sheer novelty of believing I am the only one who has. It's all part of my evil plan, you see. :nale:
Do I laugh now or later? Hm...
Not at all.

Nomadic
2007-07-12, 11:12 PM
Didn't you know? Redcloak secretly changed his alignment to good. Now he has tea parties with the MitD behind xykon's back. :smallwink:

Scarab83
2007-07-12, 11:31 PM
Maybe, in preparation for the upcoming battle, that's when Xykon decided to put his phylactery into Redcloak's amulet. Or switched his phylactery.. I don't know enough about phylacteries to know whether they can be transferred around like that.

Demented
2007-07-12, 11:59 PM
Not at all.

You may not laugh, but I cackle inwardly at the thought.
Though, I should suspect that byrd knew better...

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 12:25 AM
Not at all.

*sniffle* Nobody ever laughs! :smallfrown:

TigerHunter
2007-07-13, 12:46 AM
Also;

and in every strip prior, the center of his holy symbol/amulet is black.
You are incorrect. It's white with black eyes here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0117.html), for some weird reason.
:smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:
(Sorry if I was a little bit harsh earlier.)

factotum
2007-07-13, 01:25 AM
Maybe, in preparation for the upcoming battle, that's when Xykon decided to put his phylactery into Redcloak's amulet.

Redcloak's amulet (his holy symbol) has been Xykon's phylactery since Xykon became a lich, and certainly for the entire run of the online OotS comic.

Icewalker
2007-07-13, 01:27 AM
This has been brought up before, as part of quite a few zany theories a little while ago, some of which include all four Xykons being fake with him hiding in Redcloak's amulet, which is why it changed color.

Scarab83
2007-07-13, 01:28 AM
Also;

You are incorrect. It's white with black eyes here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0117.html), for some weird reason.
:smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:
(Sorry if I was a little bit harsh earlier.)

What the hell... Redcloak sure is fickle about his fashion. I wonder if Rich has a secret behind all this.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-07-13, 09:21 AM
White with black eyes means that it is occupied by Xykon.

Quikngruvn
2007-07-13, 09:39 AM
White with black eyes means that it is occupied by Xykon.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

His holy symbol/phylactery is white because... well, remember when Xykon was talking about how if you leave your dungeon for any length of time, it gets overrun by squatters? Funny thing-- the same thing happens to phylacteries.... Xykon just hasn't bothered to clear out whatever's squatting in there yet.

Hermit
2007-07-13, 10:07 AM

His holy symbol/phylactery is white because... well, remember when Xykon was talking about how if you leave your dungeon for any length of time, it gets overrun by squatters? Funny thing-- the same thing happens to phylacteries.... Xykon just hasn't bothered to clear out whatever's squatting in there yet.

Interestingly enough Shojo died between the two cited comics. Maybe he wasn't overly keen on whichever afterlife he got into :p

TigerHunter
2007-07-13, 10:11 AM
I was.

Lich shojo? That would be... pure awesomeness.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-13, 11:09 AM
Maybe, in preparation for the upcoming battle, that's when Xykon decided to put his phylactery into Redcloak's amulet. Or switched his phylactery.. I don't know enough about phylacteries to know whether they can be transferred around like that.

Since Shojo knew the amulet was a Phylactery without being told, its probable the phylactery was still in the amulet.

Nomadic
2007-07-13, 12:53 PM
I bet that it is as another poster on this thread has stated. That mr scruffie is in fact "in ur phylactery eatin ur soulz"

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 01:16 PM
I bet that it is as another poster on this thread has stated. That mr scruffie is in fact "in ur phylactery eatin ur soulz"

ROFL... good one. You earn 7 points (ducks Bloddyredcommie's inevitable bullets for using his points)

BRC
2007-07-13, 01:19 PM
ROFL... good one. You earn 7 points (ducks Bloddyredcommie's inevitable bullets for using his points)
*fires said bullets*
*Hits MB with slightly less inevitable hammer*

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 02:19 PM
*fires said bullets*
*Hits MB with slightly less inevitable hammer*

Stand back! I'll play my lute!

TRM
2007-07-13, 04:04 PM
mr scruffie is in fact "in ur phylactery eatin ur soulz"
Sigged for awesomeness.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 04:08 PM
Sigged for awesomeness.

Darn, if I had thought of it, I would have too.

Ithekro
2007-07-13, 04:19 PM
That's one of "Happturtle's" avatars if I remember correctly.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-13, 07:41 PM
That's one of "Happturtle's" avatars if I remember correctly.

What is?

In ur phylactery eatin ur soulz?

Ithekro
2007-07-13, 07:53 PM
Yes. If I recall it has a nice picture of Mr. Scruffy in the phylactery with that quote over it.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-14, 01:42 AM
Yes. If I recall it has a nice picture of Mr. Scruffy in the phylactery with that quote over it.

...OH! Right! I remember seeing that. Haha, that was funny.