PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next drow monastaic tradditions

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-07, 07:03 PM
felllow drow and trolls i am seeking a amazing and intresting drow monastaic traddition any ideas are appreciated
"Sariel good drow".

maybe start it with.
a young drow learns his path on wires high above the air and a web of mettalic wires below, he knows if he falls he might cut into little pieces. he staedies himself breathes and concentrates on walking on his mettalic webs stringing them and crafting traps of these webs. like the mighty spiders of his home. its a drow only monk subclass.

Lalliman
2016-11-08, 02:44 AM
Way of Shadow seems perfectly suited to a drow. Are you looking for anything more specific?

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-09, 10:45 PM
Way of Shadow seems perfectly suited to a drow. Are you looking for anything more specific?

Something. A ill spidery

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-13, 08:30 PM
like some kind of meatal wire as spider webs and monastaic things drow stuff[/SUP]

JeenLeen
2016-11-15, 12:13 PM
Do you mean fluff, mechanics, or both?

For mechanics, I could see a slight variation of Way of Shadow or Way of Elemental Fist, trading out some powers with stuff like Darkvision, Web, or something similar to what a Giant Spider (PHB) can do.

For fluff, I could see both a good and an evil monastic order. The good one valuing, well, general good stuff in the face of evil race overall and their rare good deities. The evil as using manipulation and deception to be an order of assassins and poisoners makes sense for drow.

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-15, 09:40 PM
in both of your ideas but more like making some kind of garrote wirre as a monk weapon and making a binch of abilities travel through the wire like walter the butler from hellsing ultimate but i like that using their drowisms for good.