PDA

View Full Version : Weresheep?

EdRed
2016-11-07, 11:48 PM
Hello Playground!

I've been thinking about building a character going the Storm-Dragonmarked route. I wanted him to have some other utility so i pretty much intend him to be the "chewing toy" for monsters.

I'll be combining Troll blooded and the delicious flaw on the character.

But since Weresheep is also giving me the tasty/delicious flaw while in my hybrid form, i was wondering if it was a better pick.

So my question would be, does Weresheep give me the usual lycantrope benefits like DR/Silver etc?

Does it have an LA? Should it have an LA?

DrMotives
2016-11-08, 12:27 AM
If you ignore the rules that say the animal has to be a predator or scavenger, looking at you werepig & werehorse from published sources, than yes it still has all other normal traits like DR/silver. And as all lycanthropes, or ovinithropes in your case have LA, you're stuck with that too. Plus unless you use a savage progression you're stuck with RHD for a sheep. I'm not looking that up, but I have a hunch it's 2 levels sunk into being a fluffy lawn mower plus LA.

Vaz
2016-11-08, 01:05 AM
The pig is a scavenger, and there are the Mares of Diomedes in Greek mythology. Also; http://weirdanimalreport.com/news/blood-thirsty-carnivorous-horses

I think there's distinctly less for Sheep, but can't be choosers.

5ColouredWalker
2016-11-08, 05:45 AM
If you ignore the rules that say the animal has to be a predator or scavenger, looking at you werepig & werehorse from published sources, than yes it still has all other normal traits like DR/silver. And as all lycanthropes, or ovinithropes in your case have LA, you're stuck with that too. Plus unless you use a savage progression you're stuck with RHD for a sheep. I'm not looking that up, but I have a hunch it's 2 levels sunk into being a fluffy lawn mower plus LA.

Given that Deer have been recorded on tape eating meat, it's entirely possible there are Sheep who'll eat meat.

DrMotives
2016-11-08, 11:26 AM
Given that Deer have been recorded on tape eating meat, it's entirely possible there are Sheep who'll eat meat.

Oh sure, you can always find examples. There's real footage out there of starving cows eating rabbits. There's a B horror movie from New Zealand about man-eating sheep too, the trailer also shows what looks like a weresheep. And of course, there's the film "Night of Lepus" for all your rabbits-the-size-of-draft-horse needs.

ComaVision
2016-11-08, 11:28 AM
If necessary, dominate a few sheep until they've eaten enough meat to satisfy the requirements.

Vizzerdrix
2016-11-08, 11:42 AM
Op is talking about one of the commoner flaws. It specificaly turns you into a weresheep. Other animals are not options.

Flickerdart
2016-11-08, 12:28 PM
Weresheep is a RAW mess, but assuming that it grants the standard Lycanthrope template unless otherwise stated, we have these results:

You gain all consequences of the Lycanthrope template that don't derive from the animal and are harmless (LA, NA +2, DR/silver, lycanthropic empathy, scent).
You gain no consequences deriving from the base animal (HD, natural attacks) because sheep have no stats.
You gain no consequences deriving from the template that are not harmless (claws and bite, curse of lycanthropy) because your hybrid and alternate forms are of a harmless sheep.

ShurikVch
2016-11-08, 05:30 PM
Actually, Sheep have stats

It's in the Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene

Sheep is Small Animal with 1 HD and CR 1/3

Flickerdart
2016-11-08, 05:44 PM
Is that a first party book?

ShurikVch
2016-11-08, 05:52 PM
Is that a first party book?Yes.
Wizards of the Coast
Sorry, it's from Kenzer & Company (http://www.kenzerco.com/), but it's still officially approved book:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51QVH7QWZGL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
See: official Dungeons&Dragons logo
Also have WotC "Official licensed product" mark

SethoMarkus
2016-11-08, 06:39 PM
Sheep is Small Animal with 1 HD and CR 1/3

Wait, so a sheep is the same threat level as a goblin...?

Jack_Simth
2016-11-08, 07:10 PM
Wait, so a sheep is the same threat level as a goblin...?
I've yet to run across anyone who's said in both knowledge and seriousness that the CR's in D&D had a meaningful amount of consistency.

SethoMarkus
2016-11-08, 07:17 PM
I've yet to run across anyone who's said in both knowledge and seriousness that the CR's in D&D had a meaningful amount of consistency.

Which is why I said "theat level"; I should certainly hope that a goblin is tougher what with weapons and such.

Edit: Of course this still has the effect that an adventurer killing goblins and a butcher killer sheep get the same EXP...

DrMotives
2016-11-08, 07:21 PM
What if the goblin is a level 1 druid with a sheep for an animal companion?