2016-11-08, 10:21 AM
My Gm has task me with Building three warforged Npc. Fairly Strong
But I never did a warforged before and I don't know all the materials

The stats I have to work with for each is 18,18,16,16,14,14

I want each to be made of a Different material have a different class

The ECL for these are 10

Inevitability
2016-11-08, 10:59 AM
Psiforged Body psion, Ironwood Body druid and Adamantine Body barbarian/warforged juggernaut? You end up with a quite powerful manifester, an fearsome melee combatant, and a druid.

They're also quite able to function as a party, as long as the psion picks up some social skills and the druid prepares utility spells every now and then.

Darrin
2016-11-08, 12:02 PM
"Iron Man"
Stub: Warlock 10
Feats: Mithral Body (1st), Point Blank Shot (3rd), Plunging Shot (6th), Precise Shot (9th),
Invocations: Eldritch Speer, Entropic Warding, See the Unseen, Fell Flight, Voracious Dispelling, Eldritch Chain

"Brick"
Stub: Barbarian 2/Crusader 6/Fighter 2
Feats: Adamantine Body (1st), Improved Trip (2nd), Knock-Down (3rd), Stone Power (6th), Stand Still (9th), Combat Reflexes (9th), Martial Stance: Thicket of Blades (10th)
Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, Mountain Hammer, Shield Block, Battle Leader's Charge, White Raven Tactics, Divine Surge, Martial Spirit (Stance), Iron Guard's Glare (Stance), Thicket of Blades (Stance)

"I Am Groot"
Stub: Druid 5/Landforged Walker 5
Feats: Ironwood Body (1st), Greenbound Summoning (3rd), Natural Spell (6th), Minor Shapeshift (9th)
Companion: Dire Raccoon (refluffed Dire Weasel)

Inevitability
2016-11-08, 12:40 PM
"Iron Man"
Stub: Warlock 10
Feats: Mithral Body (1st), Point Blank Shot (3rd), Plunging Shot (6th), Precise Shot (9th),
Invocations: Eldritch Speer, Entropic Warding, See the Unseen, Fell Flight, Voracious Dispelling, Eldritch Chain

"Brick"
Stub: Barbarian 2/Crusader 4/Fighter 2
Feats: Adamantine Body (1st), Improved Trip (2nd), Knock-Down (3rd), Stone Power (6th), Stand Still (9th), Combat Reflexes (9th), Martial Stance: Thicket of Blades (10th)
Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, Mountain Hammer, Shield Block, Battle Leader's Charge, White Raven Tactics, Martial Spirit (Stance), Iron Guard's Glare (Stance), Thicket of Blades (Stance)

"I Am Groot"
Stub: Druid 10
Feats: Ironwood Body (1st), Greenbound Summoning (3rd), Natural Spell (6th), Plant Devotion (9th)
Companion: Dire Raccoon (refluffed Dire Weasel)

Second build seems to be short two levels.

Darrin
2016-11-08, 01:42 PM
Second build seems to be short two levels.

Fixed, although I'm wondering if I should have put in Psychic Warrior or Warmind for expansion.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-08, 02:32 PM
Fixed, although I'm wondering if I should have put in Psychic Warrior or Warmind for expansion.

Since it's an NPC i'd give him a psionic tattoo of it instead. Same effect but you can keep the fighter.
Make him a Dungeoncrasher and give him a Brutal Surge weapon for more fun. You can drop Stone Power, take Combat Reflexes at 6 and Martial Stance at 9.
Or you could replace the Fighter levels with Warblade to pick up Iron Heart Surge and the save maneuvers to deal with PC BFC to make him more of a threat to a caster-heavy party.

unseenmage
2016-11-08, 03:11 PM
Check my sig for the Feats Anyone Can Take thread. Made it just for statting up minions and npcs.

Val666
2016-11-08, 03:58 PM
Warforged Artificer
Warforged Artificer
Warforged Artificer

:v

Pyromancer999
2016-11-08, 11:37 PM
"Groot" would probably be a bit closer to Groot with Druid 5/Landforged Walker 5, which gives you Plant Wildshape Earloer, and a lot of Plant-based abilities.

Inevitability
2016-11-09, 01:36 AM
"Groot" would probably be a bit closer to Groot with Druid 5/Landforged Walker 5, which gives you Plant Wildshape Earloer, and a lot of Plant-based abilities.

This. The lost CL from landforged walker doesn't even hurt that much, because the warforged gets 5th-level spells even with them.

Darrin
2016-11-09, 07:56 AM
This. The lost CL from landforged walker doesn't even hurt that much, because the warforged gets 5th-level spells even with them.

Fixed. I hadn't looked at Landforged Walker before. It's... definitely plant-based. Since Plant Devotion is redundant, I replaced that with Minor Shapeshift.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-09, 08:24 AM

A pure druid already gets plant wildshape at level 7, when he gets Enhance Wild Shape. Since the duration is 1 hour/level an NPC can easily have it pre-cast.
The one thing that really makes Landforged Walker shine is the fact that you get huge plant forms right there - something normal druids don't get until level 15.

You also lose some will save (but not against mind-affecting, which you're immune to in enhanced WS anyway), a spell slot of 4th and 5th level each and your animal companion loses 4 HD (trade it for Urban Companion?).
You gain some fort, some resistances, a +2 to natural armor, 50% fortification (which doesn't matter much - plants are immune to crits) and a weak healing potion 3/day.

There aren't many huge plant forms with 10HD or less, but there are some. The Dark Tree (MoF), Tendriculous (MM), Treant (MM) and Yellow Musk Creeper (FF). Not exactly the height of plant combat forms, but not bad. Not bad at all.

All in all that's a pretty good tradeoff i think, provided you make use of the new forms. Otherwise you may as well stick to pure druid.
That's disregarding the flavor of course. Landforged Walkers are cool.