PDA

View Full Version : ECL 14 Warblade -half golem in put needed

Nosta
2016-11-08, 11:49 AM
so I have a Warblade to got the half golem template for Free (Brass Golem)
Gm is letting use scarlet throne style for PF Path of war

Story wise I am one of the Dark lords generals and created the warforged by placing a shard of my soul in each
so I am there father in a way.

I mostly use counters and Boost for TOB stuff

My great sword has a threat range of 15-20 and dose 5x damage

What weakness do I have and what are my strengths
and how can I cover up my weakness

Darrin
2016-11-08, 12:35 PM
What weakness do I have and what are my strengths
and how can I cover up my weakness

You are immune to most spells/SLAs. Your biggest weakness is electricity effects slow you down. One of your strengths is fire effects cancel the slowness and heals you. So try to always be on fire.

Hrmm. I'm looking around for special materials, weapons, or spell effects that can do fire damage to yourself every round... haven't found anything yet.

barakaka
2016-11-08, 09:56 PM
You are immune to most spells/SLAs. Your biggest weakness is electricity effects slow you down. One of your strengths is fire effects cancel the slowness and heals you. So try to always be on fire.

Hrmm. I'm looking around for special materials, weapons, or spell effects that can do fire damage to yourself every round... haven't found anything yet.

IIRC, you can just light yourself aflame with a torch and then voluntarily fail the reflex save each turn for putting it out. This is suspect to me though, because Pure Element: Fire (Planar Handbook) only leaves you aflame for 5 rounds.

Erit
2016-11-09, 01:04 AM

IIRC, you can just light yourself aflame with a torch and then voluntarily fail the reflex save each turn for putting it out. This is suspect to me though, because Pure Element: Fire (Planar Handbook) only leaves you aflame for 5 rounds.

There's the Burning Rage spell from the PHBII. Sorc/Wiz 1, grants +1 Attack/+2 Damage and a paltry amount of DR while dealing four fire damage every round.

Since, I believe, spell immunity is functionally an SR of "Don't Bother", it should be easy enough to lower resistance at the start of the day and have a Persisted Burning Rage make you nigh-on unstoppable. Even if not, a magic item of the effect probably bypasses your immunity anyway.

This spell was used to great effect on a character I once made who had a combination of fire resist, fast healing, and berserk fury which made the spell thematic and intensely powerful.