PDA

View Full Version : What would you Check: Bluff, Intimidation or Diplomacy

Conradine
2016-11-08, 06:47 PM
Conversation between a scholar and a merchant.

" My dear friend, I know you have just recently acquired that necromantic tome, and I know you were searching for it with great zeal, but you must understand it cannot bring you any good.

The tome is heretical, vile material, a dark magic manual who's very presence is an affront to everything good and sane. If you don't sell it to me, my temple will be forced to take it by force. Nor your guild or our friendship will be able to protect you. ( true - Intimidation )

Beside that, you would probably be unable to gain anything from it. Mabye you think your sages will be able to decipher it, but that is impossible: it requires a key-code, and several of his pages are missing. I know that because my temple own them and protected them for decades. The tome is simply of no use for you. ( not true - Bluff )

On the other side, I will not take it from you leaving your hands empty. I'm authorized to refound you fully for your expences, and you will benefit from the alleance and protection of my order. Do not understimate that. ( true - Diplomacy ). "

What skill would your roll?

TheIronGolem
2016-11-08, 09:27 PM
It's three separate arguments, each of which you have correctly denoted with the appropriate skill. Why wouldn't it be three separate skill checks in accordance?