PDA

View Full Version : Best Armor for a High Level Cleric/Paladin

knightware
2007-07-13, 05:18 AM
I am currently making a character build (Gestalted Lvl 25 Cleric/Paladin with some LA in the mix) and will end up with a reasonable Dex bonus (atleast 8).

Whats the best combination of Armor and Sheild I can use...

So what I am after what enchantments exist that will allow me to increase the max dex modifier on full plate armor.

Is there a better way to go about this

Teilos
2007-07-13, 05:31 AM
I do not know such an enchantment, but you should definately take a special material. Mithral would be the obvious one.

It halves the weight, reduces the armor category by one (heavy becomes medium / medium becomes light), reduces arcane spell failure by 10%, improves max dex by 2 and reduces acp by 3 (maybe 2, not sure). You find it in the DMG. Other special materials can be found in races of the wild or the arms and equimpment guide.

The costs of special materials are arbitrarily low compared to enchantments of a +10 armor.
EDIT: In fact they are so low that I do not give out armors with a +5 enchantment and normal materials. It would be just irrational to produce such a thing.

SithLackey
2007-07-13, 05:43 AM
The problem with mithral is that even if used in a chain shirt (the lightest possible), the Max Dex still caps at +6. There's always the Celestial Armor, but that only sports a +3 enchantment and the ability to fly 1/day. There might be something better in one of the epic books, but as far as slightly expanded core goes, you're better off with some form of padded armor or even bracers of armor.

knightware
2007-07-13, 05:43 AM
Armor of the Celestial Battalion and its lessor non epic version have a +10 and +8 max defence modifier....

Is there any similar fullplate armors, or how would I calculate how to move the similar enchantment across to plate