PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Giving Allies PoW Maneuvers

Felyndiira
2016-11-09, 04:45 PM
Recently, I've been obsessed with the idea of trying to grant PoW maneuvers to allied characters using temporary buffs. I have quite a few ways to give them access to the maneuvers themselves, but the one thing that I've always struggled with is the 10 minute preparation time - since granting maneuvers readied doesn't automatically ready them, that means that after the buff they must spend another 10 minutes out-of-combat to ready them - by which time, chances are, whatever buff is granting them the maneuver have probably already run out.

This also shoots down a lot of self abilities, like using Martial Flexibility to get Martial Training feats or using Augment Suit to grant yourself initiation customizations.

Is there a way to make this process instant or quicker? Like, an official way to let people automatically ready granted readied maneuvers when they get them? Or am I just out of luck in doing this aside from talking with my DM? I know that Martial Elixirs exist, but I want to be able to do it on-the-fly as a buff without having to hand out potions.

Zanos
2016-11-09, 04:52 PM
Using heroism to give people martial study grants them maneuver 1/encounter, rather than having any sort of refreshing system.

Felyndiira
2016-11-09, 04:54 PM
Zanos: it has to be Pathfinder only (using material from DSP, possibly other third party if necessary), not 3.5e.

Ninjaxenomorph
2016-11-09, 05:10 PM
Hmm. I guess you can't just use Golden Lion and take Martial Training... I guess the best way to do so is classes that have lots of teamwork stuff. The Warder can initiate counters on behalf of others, and I'm pretty sure the Zealot has some stuff.

exelsisxax
2016-11-09, 05:25 PM
The Zealot's Echoes of Steel is the only method I know of that actually works.

Felyndiira
2016-11-09, 05:38 PM
I see, that's kinda unfortunate. I was hoping that I could make it work on a Psion by manifesting Shared Power + Form Astral Suit (using Expanded Knowledge), or by manifesting Shared Power + Form Astral Suit w/Shattered Mirror maneuvers on myself and sharing it with Silvered Mirror Stance, to give allies pre-packaged maneuver sets.

I guess this can at least give allies stances, which is still pretty strong, and a 10m ready time is okay for out-of-combat utility maneuvers.

exelsisxax
2016-11-09, 05:47 PM
I see, that's kinda unfortunate. I was hoping that I could make it work on a Psion by manifesting Shared Power + Form Astral Suit (using Expanded Knowledge), or by manifesting Shared Power + Form Astral Suit w/Shattered Mirror maneuvers on myself and sharing it with Silvered Mirror Stance, to give allies pre-packaged maneuver sets.

I guess this can at least give allies stances, which is still pretty strong, and a 10m ready time is okay for out-of-combat utility maneuvers.

When did form astral suit become a power?

Felyndiira
2016-11-09, 05:54 PM
When did form astral suit become a power?

It's a power in Psionics Augmented: Soulknives II. It's a level 3 power, available to PsyWars and Gifted Blades (and thus also to Psions with a feat), and gives an astral suit with 5 points worth of customizations (+free ones based on form), plus an augment for additional customizations.

Eldaran
2016-11-09, 05:57 PM
I was under the impression that an ability or spell that grants you maneuvers known allows you to automatically ready them. You might want to search the DSP FAQ or the PoW threads... Nevermind, I did, this is sort of helpful for you. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19187198&postcount=268)

exelsisxax
2016-11-09, 06:00 PM
It's a power in Psionics Augmented: Soulknives II. It's a level 3 power, available to PsyWars and Gifted Blades (and thus also to Psions with a feat), and gives an astral suit with 5 points worth of customizations (+free ones based on form), plus an augment for additional customizations.

I have every expectation that it won't ever leave the playtest, because that's nonsense.

phlidwsn
2016-11-09, 08:27 PM
I have every expectation that it won't ever leave the playtest, because that's nonsense.

You'd be mistaken then. Psi:Aug Soulknives I, II & III have all been released.

Pg 12, Form Astral Armor, 1min/level as a 3rd level power. Casting time 1 full-round action. Gain an armor with its base customizations plus 5 points of additional customizations. Or if you are also an Aegis, add 5 cp to your armor for the duration.

The Vagabond
2016-11-09, 09:28 PM
The simplest method I can think of is to go Skald [Battle Scion], but I don't think that works due to the readying time. You could just request to your DM to let it come pre-readied, as posted earlier in the tread, showing that it's perfectly reasonable.