PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Some Magical Items

sorryjzargo
2016-11-10, 12:06 AM
I'm wanting to submit some magical items to The Adventure Zone podcast, but I wanted to see if I could get some feedback before sending them. Specifically I want to know if any of these seem under or overpowered and what a reasonable price for them would be.

Slippers of the Kelpie
Wondrous item, rare, 500 gold?
These very comfortable slippers are enchanted with the power of the river-dwelling kelpie. Any creature wearing the slippers that begin their turn on solid ground can walk on the water as if it is solid land, up to their movement speed. This allows the wearer to cross short distances of water without the risk of drowning. If you end your turn on the surface of the water, you immediately fall into the water.

Gem of Morphing Fist
Wondrous item, rare, 400 gold?
This gem is carved from the ram’s horn of a chimera. The gem adheres to the skin of any willing creature, and can only be removed if the user wills it to. While adhered to a creature, the creature can choose to deal bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage from their unarmed attacks rather than just bludgeoning, and deal an extra +1 damage. (possibly stacks with Phantom Fist?)

Totem of Dragon Breath
Rod, rare, 600 gold?
This is a dragon tooth taken from the mouth of a chimera, and carved with intricate arcane runes. Whenever the wielder casts a spell that deals Acid, Cold, Force, Lightning, or Radiant damage, they can instead choose to deal Fire damage.

Mage’s Retreat
Wondrous item, rare, 600 gold?
A flowing cape made from the mane of the lion’s head of a chimera. Once a day when the wearer casts a spell they can choose to disappear into the Ethereal Plane. They remain in the Ethereal Plane until the start of their next turn, reappearing in an unoccupied space of their choice within 10 feet of where they disappeared.