PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Hell's Rebels - XP/levelling Question

tyrunn
2016-11-10, 06:12 AM
Hi Guys - I'm currently GMing the Pathfinder Hell's Rebels Adventure Path.

This is the first time I've GM'd anything and I have a question about how the players should level.

In the guide it says the players should be level two by the second part of the first volume, which is all great and such but it's also awarding XP for the encounters and I've added up the XP and looked at the levelling chart in the Core Rule Book and they're going to get way more XP than what's needed to level at any speed.

My question is - if anyone has played through this, what speed of levelling did you use/what XP was needed and how did you let the characters level? They don't have enough yet but will do whilst in the next encounter, (the livery), and then maybe again after it, so I'm a little lost as to how to manage it.

Topaz
2016-11-10, 11:59 AM
With my group, when we're using an Adventure Path we don't use XP at all; when the party gets to an appropriate point in the adventure the DM just declares that the party leveled up. It's a lot easier on the DM and less bookkeeping for everyone. Since we also use the optional Hero Point rules, there's still a way to reward the party for bonus stuff, too.

digiman619
2016-11-10, 12:10 PM
Milestone XP can work well; just let your players know that's what you're doing.

Starbuck_II
2016-11-10, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys - I'm currently GMing the Pathfinder Hell's Rebels Adventure Path.

This is the first time I've GM'd anything and I have a question about how the players should level.

In the guide it says the players should be level two by the second part of the first volume, which is all great and such but it's also awarding XP for the encounters and I've added up the XP and looked at the levelling chart in the Core Rule Book and they're going to get way more XP than what's needed to level at any speed.

My question is - if anyone has played through this, what speed of levelling did you use/what XP was needed and how did you let the characters level? They don't have enough yet but will do whilst in the next encounter, (the livery), and then maybe again after it, so I'm a little lost as to how to manage it.

I haven't played Rebels, only Vengeance. But I think they give extra XP in case any one misses any moments (moments ti get more XP), they will still be level 2.

tyrunn
2016-11-10, 04:26 PM
So, the consensus is keep them level one until the end of the encounter, where the campaign then says they should be level 2?