PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Blessed - A New Background

JamesIntrocaso
2016-11-10, 08:47 AM
I see a lot of "this child is destined for greatness" signs in the backstories of my players, so I decided to create a background that encapsulated that idea. Check it out and let me know what you are all thinking.

Link: https://worldbuilderblog.me/2016/11/10/blessed-background/

Nifft
2016-11-12, 12:35 PM
Check it out and let me know what you are all thinking.

Right now, I'm thinking about how I can force people like you to click through a few ads to get my actual feedback.

JamesIntrocaso
2016-11-12, 01:21 PM
Right now, I'm thinking about how I can force people like you to click through a few ads to get my actual feedback.

I'm not sure I understand, but I am actually looking for feedback. I'm sorry if I did anything to offend you.

Nifft
2016-11-12, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure I understand, but I am actually looking for feedback. I'm sorry if I did anything to offend you.

I did give you feedback on all of the content that you posted here -- which was a link to an advertisement-revenue blog site, which ended in an advertisement for your other for-pay products.

If you think that asking ~you~ to pay for my feedback about your off-site content is offensive, then I suggest you not ask me to pay to review your content, which is exactly what you are currently doing.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-11-12, 01:41 PM
So... this is Special Snowflake: The Background? But seriously, it kind of is, and I don't like "can ask for hints" as a special feature; they're generally about how your character fits into the world, rather than a special pseudo-magical ability.

JamesIntrocaso
2016-11-12, 01:45 PM
I did give you feedback on all of the content that you posted here -- which was a link to an advertisement-revenue blog site, which ended in an advertisement for your other for-pay products.

If you think that asking ~you~ to pay for my feedback about your off-site content is offensive, then I suggest you not ask me to pay to review your content, which is exactly what you are currently doing.

I actually don't make any off the ads on the blog, I just don't pay for the upgraded Wordpress account that keeps ads off. https://wordpress.com/pricing/

You are correct that I do end each post with a link to some products I've created which I don't think is offensive. Any material I put on the blog is always available for free, because I get a lot of great feedback on forums like these and through social media. The links to the products are either things that began on the blog and are now pay what you want (thus keeping my promise to readers all the content on the blog is always available for free), or an independent idea that I didn't develop on the blog.

Also just a quick explanatory note here, I didn't find your comments offensive, but I thought (apparently correctly) that you were offended by me and apologized. I maintain the apology if you're still upset.

Nifft
2016-11-12, 02:22 PM
I actually don't make any off the ads on the blog, I just don't pay for the upgraded Wordpress account that keeps ads off. https://wordpress.com/pricing/

You are correct that I do end each post with a link to some products I've created which I don't think is offensive. Any material I put on the blog is always available for free, because I get a lot of great feedback on forums like these and through social media. The links to the products are either things that began on the blog and are now pay what you want (thus keeping my promise to readers all the content on the blog is always available for free), or an independent idea that I didn't develop on the blog.

Also just a quick explanatory note here, I didn't find your comments offensive, but I thought (apparently correctly) that you were offended by me and apologized. I maintain the apology if you're still upset.

I don't think anyone here is offended. I've certainly never claimed to be offended.

I do think that you're trying to monetize clicks by driving traffic off-site, and I'm thinking about how I could monetize your clicks by giving you feedback off-site.

That seems to be 100% equitable treatment.

Kittwn
2017-03-19, 10:29 PM
I actually really liked this. I suggested it for one of my player's cleric and she loved it. Thanks for creating!

JamesIntrocaso
2017-03-20, 07:57 AM
I actually really liked this. I suggested it for one of my player's cleric and she loved it. Thanks for creating!

Hey thanks! Let me know if you notice any bumps in the road during play!