PDA

View Full Version : Lycanthrope build question

ZamielVanWeber
2016-11-10, 06:39 PM
Okay, so I am building a neanderthal dire wolf lycanthrope for a solo game and am not sure where I want to go after lycanthrope.

For reference:
My stats are Str 18, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10 after racial modifiers, based off of a 32 PB.
We use weapon groups; my DM gave me Basic + 1 so I took Primitive so I am thus proficient with: club, dagger, dart, greatclub, goad, harpoon, iuak, javelin, longspear, quarterstaff, ritiik, shortbow, shortspear, sling, spear, sugliin, throwing axe, and tigerskull club.

I was thinking of going into divine casting, hence the higher wisdom but am not sure what is best. Warblade and crusader are options but I almost always take those when I play monstrous character. I was pondering Pious Templar even though I find a god with favored weapon (Bite).

I want to keep my alignment LG for fluff reasons, but that is not 100% set in stone.

Jack_McSnatch
2016-11-10, 07:10 PM
Go CG, take Paladin of freedom. Then go barbarian. Take lion totem and wear the symbolism for the lulz.

John Longarrow
2016-11-10, 09:37 PM
Ranger (either PHB or the prestige) could be very fun for a were-dire wolf... Likewise druid. If you want you can have the whole nature warrior thing going easy, even with a LG alignment. LG and "Were a pack" mentality can really work well together.

ShurikVch
2016-11-11, 02:47 PM
Some PrCs:
Shapeshifter (Oriental Adventures) - spell progression is only 5/10, but it gives Wild Shape; also - all good saves
Moon Guardian (Complete Divine Web Enhancements (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a)) - spell progression is only 2/5, but this PrC is specially intended for Good lycanthropes, and have full BAB
Divine Crusader (Complete Divine) - select the Transformation Domain from Races of Eberron
If you OK with your deity - you may try Divine Agent (Manual of the Planes) - spell progression is only 5/10, but "domain spells as SLAs" may be (ab)usable

Buufreak
2016-11-11, 03:38 PM
I am a huge fan of (dire) Werewolf Totemist. I'm away from the sheet I had, but I believe I used things like Dread carapace, Girallon Arms, Ankheg Breastplate to name a few that made him into a decent natural weapon using bruiser. Depending on how your DM rules on it (because as written its rather unlimited) Warshaper is amazing because it lets you upgrade all natural weapons and create more as long as you are not in your natural form, so mild investment in control shape and that can be always.