PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Crippling Strike

SirNibbles
2016-11-11, 11:27 AM
I wanted to take the Epic Feat Lingering Damage on my Arcane Trickster build. Unfortunately, I only have 3 Rogue levels so I don't have access to Crippling Strike, a requirement for the feat (along with 8d6 sneak dice).

What is the best way to obtain Crippling Strike? Would it just be best to take the 7 levels of Rogue and make up for the casting loss with Practiced Spellcaster?

Is there, perhaps, a way to use feats to gain Crippling Strike?

Troacctid
2016-11-11, 12:47 PM
You can get it from 2 levels of Justiciar, or from 5 levels of Bloodhound or Thayan Slaver. There is no feat that grants it.

ShurikVch
2016-11-11, 02:28 PM
Also, there was older variant of Nightsong Enforcer in Dragon #293 - it gives Crippling Strike at 4th level

Troacctid
2016-11-11, 02:46 PM
Also, there was older variant of Nightsong Enforcer in Dragon #293 - it gives Crippling Strike at 4th level

As with all 3.0 content that has been updated, this is superseded by the revised 3.5 version of the class, which does not have the ability.

ShurikVch
2016-11-11, 02:53 PM
As with all 3.0 content that has been updated, this is superseded by the revised 3.5 version of the class, which does not have the ability.DM can overrule it

Troacctid
2016-11-11, 03:06 PM
I guess, but that seems like a weird thing to do.

ShurikVch
2016-11-11, 03:44 PM
I guess, but that seems like a weird thing to do.Version in Complete Adventurer is almost strait downgrade (full BAB aside); unless Dragon Magazine is banned, why DM shouldn't do it?

SirNibbles
2016-11-12, 03:18 AM
You can get it from 2 levels of Justiciar, or from 5 levels of Bloodhound or Thayan Slaver. There is no feat that grants it.

Thanks for the advice. I'd looked into those before but I didn't qualify for some of them due to alignment (Chaotic Good) and it seems like 7 more levels of Rogue would be better than 5 levels of Bloodhound for all the bonuses you would get, especially with the two useless entry feats for Bloodhound.