PDA

View Full Version : ...with a little help from my friends.

rollfrenzy
2007-07-13, 10:33 AM
Ok gang, I have a quick question and/or need some build help. My character idea is to be a lizardfolk who ends up taking levels in the giant's Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon.

I like the class, but am not really looking to build a wizard, which is the best/quickest way into the class. I was wondering....

1. Is there a similar class fluff out there that is based on a fighter build or more of a gish build than straight wizard?

2. What are some possible combos to get into the PrC that aren't Cleric 7/BotAW 1 or Wiz 5 BotAW 1.

Any help is, as always, greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ryuuk
2007-07-13, 10:50 AM
Duskblade sounds about right. YouŽll probably enter late though, maybe 7 or 8th level for Greater Magic Weapon, so it wonŽt be the fastest route.

Oeryn
2007-07-13, 11:38 AM
Don't know if it'll help, but I homebrewed a kind of Kensai-BotAW mix, for one of my players who had the same problem you do. He used the Kensai pre-reqs, and took the BotAW stuff after that. There were a couple other minor changes, which I don't remember off the top of my head, but it worked just fine.

rollfrenzy
2007-07-13, 12:43 PM
I was looking at duskblade, That may be the route I go, but I would almost prefer a different writeup for BotAW or a different class. Waht could be substituted for the +1 lvl of caster if I were to tweak the class some? and drop the casting pre-req's forsomething else?

Oeryn, that would be cool, do you have a link? I will check it out.

Oeryn
2007-07-13, 01:17 PM
Sorry, no link. It was all done in a pen and paper game. And it was about a year and a half (and a move) ago, so I'm not even sure if I could find the notes.

I just remember that we used the crunchy stuff from the Kensai pre-reqs, and changed the fluff, to account for him being so attached to his weapon.

Now granted, I'm not a big believer in the CR/ECL/wealth-by-level type of game balance (I prefer to just gauge what I think my particular party can handle, and bump it up a little), but it didn't cause any problems in my game. The character wasn't any more powerful than the other folks, and no one complained about all the cool stuff he could do.