PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Man

MarvAlice
2016-11-11, 01:32 PM
You all have received a message, not an email, but a paper letter, lacking a return address inviting you all to an interview for a job with a Mr Johnson in a small but popular cafe. The letter states that after the interview, the crew will have a chance to prove their skills. if the interview and demonstration go well, you can look forward to a very large sum of money indeed.

Eldest
2016-11-11, 01:54 PM
Luci is there first, drinking a mug of coffee, well ahead of the scheduled time. She's got a corner booth and a sandwich, and is hogging the first while eating the second. Music plays through her earbuds, barely audible: something quick and jazzy, with more brass than most popular music now. She's got a cheeky hairband with cat ears on it as a marker for those who've worked with her before.

Longes
2016-11-11, 02:28 PM
Red arrived about fifteen minutes early, giving himself enough time to buy and drink some soycaf before the interview starts. The Upper BTL was loaded in since he woke up, so Red's face showed a pleasant smile of a happy little wageslave. He found a parking spot for his bike a block away from the cafe, and walked without haste.
To an inattentive observer Red could have passed for your stereotypical corporate troll - Sleeping Tiger suit, distant look, fast steps. To a more careful observation, Red's non-clerk nature was obvious - hard calloused hands with sunken-in karateka knuckles, odd gait keeping the body strong and stable, the deceptively nimble hands darting in and out of pockets of people that had the misfortune to bump into Red, and a mischievous look in his quick raven-like eyes.
Once inside, Red bought a cup of black coffee and sat down next to Luci.
"Morning."

Eldest
2016-11-11, 02:57 PM
Luci waves and takes one earbud out, nodding along to the music still. Good morning. My, you look cheerful today. Who'd you have to kill? She sips her recaf, still in her courier "outfit": well fitted, worn fauxleather pants, an antique t-shirt of a musical called Wicked (lovingly cared after), and her fauxleather long jacket. Somebody had once told her she'd be pretty if she'd wore less leather and didn't have all her piercings. She'd fractured his jaw in the ensuing barfight, and called it even.

Longes
2016-11-11, 03:34 PM
"I woke up early so there was some time to kill." Red nods at the t-shirt. "Is that some new orxploitation movie? ****ing hell, most of us don't actually have green skin. Especially not in that tone."

Eldest
2016-11-11, 03:46 PM
It's one of those musicals from way back that I keep trying to get you to see, and you keep saying no. She crosses her arms and mock-glares at him: this was a point of banter between them for a while, and was easy and familiar in the face of an unknown Johnson and run.

Longes
2016-11-11, 03:50 PM
"Just because it's old doesn't meant it's not racist. I mean look at it - she's wearing greenface. That's some 1930s drek.", Red continued the act before getting a bit more serious.
"So any info on who else we are expecting?"

smoke prism
2016-11-11, 07:21 PM
A tall and thin middle Eastern man walks through the door of the cafe. If anyone was watching him, they might notice him jump a little at the sound of the door bell. Mabey they laugh a little at the seemingly meek wadges slave on his brake, when i reality it was a combination of his paranoia and his wired reflexes that were amplifying his reactions 10 fold.

As he walks over to the troll he knows as Red and the human he knows as Luci. As he walks he clenches and relaxes his hands, talking reassurance in the fell of his shock gloves. As he gets to the cornner booth there in, he sling his duffle bag of his sholder, making sure the Areas crusader and two spare clips of regular and stick and shock rounds don't clang against the ground.

In a the mildest and least skittish voice he can muster, he say.
"Hi gusys, Nice to see you again. Is it possible that i can get that seat their against the wall,looking out." He then stands there, waiting for them to respond/accommodate his seating request

Name_Here
2016-11-11, 10:24 PM
Morgana:

Patricia smiled she loved receiving letters, back when she was a VP for a Schrader Krupp subsidiary letters had been a rarity, since she had left they were unheard of. Still it was a surprisingly sentimental gesture from a Johnson.

The letter was a little light on details of the job so Morgana left that day with every weapon at her disposal. Her power foci was a clunky silver bracelet gifted to her by her old boss when she had agreed to follow him to whip the Magical solutions branch into shape. Her sustaining focus a small Iron ring on her pinky was a new addition to her aresonal and would allow her to sustain her detection magic without diverting her attention.

The Super Warhawk and Baton were kept in her scooter's locked storage compartment. They were mostly for show anyway her most potent weapon wasn't something she could so easily broadcast to get the gangers to leave her alone.

As she entered the cafe she immediately notices a couple of familiar faces. She gives them a friendly wave as she gets her order and sits down at the table.

Hey Luci feeling more confident about this job if you're going to be there. She looked at the rest of the team. You all can call me Morgana. Don't let Luci here convince you to call me Elphaba I honestly have no idea where she even came up with that.

smoke prism
2016-11-12, 01:18 AM
As the new arrival introduces themselves, Oil Slick had a suppress a wave of anxiety at the prospect of working whit someone he didn't know. This apprehension only manifested its self as a slight twitch in his eyes and a slight tension in his spine.

Its okay. Hard entry wouldn't have let a Jonson that he didn't trust , give him this job. Because hard entry trusts them, I also must trust them until they betray me. Calm breath

With a mental gesture he pulls up a ARO item in his left eye to display the diagnostic readouts of his smartlink, wired reflexes and muscle replacements. Everything seem in order, but he still runs re-calibration and full system diagnostics. After they all come back positive, he quadruple checks that there all slaved to his comlink.

With a mental gesture he pushes the ARO for his smartlink to the right corner of his vision, and ideally starts to workout the ideal bullet spread to takeout everyone in the cafe. As he observes them, he ttys to spot if theirs anyone purposefully avoiding observation, or making an effort to go UNnoticed.

Pereptionc[/U]]
[roll0] Limit: 9

smoke prism
2016-11-12, 01:20 AM

4 hits. No glitch

Eldest
2016-11-12, 10:09 AM
Lucia gets up to acomidate Oil Slick, nodding to the man, and then giving Elphaba-I mean, Patricia, a big hug on arriving. I didn't know you were going to be here, excellent! She exclaims, still quiet enough to not be overheard by the other wage slaves about her. She then slides into the booth opposite Red, moving far enough down so Patricia could join in.

MarvAlice
2016-11-13, 12:24 AM

4 hits. No glitch

you do not notice anything amiss yet, but a knot starts to form in your stomach, as if there is something obvious your missing.

Longes
2016-11-13, 04:32 AM
Red nods to acknowledge the new arrivals, but makes no attempt to move from his place by the window.

Taqukaq
2016-11-13, 07:03 PM
Project Seraphim walks into the building, quiet as a mouse, she seemed on edge, and very tired... she seemed slightly shaken in her hands and legs but eventually calmed down. Seemed like she may have suffered an episode or something. She looks around, like a hungry predator surrounded by much bigger predetors, very cautious but looked ready to nip at throats. Mostly she just seemed on edge, as she calmed down, she seemed less hostile and more exhausted. She wore a mix of steampunk and something that came out of a Mad Max movie. A nice outfit of leather with a black corset and brown leather jacked. She had a somewhat brown Victorian long skirt... odd mixture of clothing but she pulled off the look very well. She had tattoos all over her body. She had a decent amount of skin exposed, her tattoos were a strange pattern...

Almost looked like notes in a different language. Her hair was red when she walked in but as she calmed down, it turned dark black. She noticed the group and made her way there. She leans next against the wall, she was dressed nicely and had a perfume scent but there was something gritty. This was a woman who lived on the streets and tried covering it up for her meetings. So she never really liked chairs... you were always more open to attack or surprise when you sat down... when you relaxed. She nods at Red.

So... this the team? Missing anyone?"

She always spoke little in large groups. Always paranoid, always careful not to divulge too much unless she knew it was safe.

smoke prism
2016-11-13, 07:52 PM
Oil Slick was so rapped-up in worry, that he barely registered the new arrival. He just sits their, the knot of dout in his stomach, causing his wired reflexes to flare, and the world to slightly diate around him.

"What did I miss. I'm sure I scanned everyone in here. Did someone slip my notice, no they can have. Calm down, No ones going to start a firefight in public. Your probably quicker than any problem that happens, you'll be fine. Just wait for the Johnson, and calm down.

As he calms himself down, the world around him snaps back to its regular speed, and he looks up to the new arrival.
"Hello, nice to meet you."

Taqukaq
2016-11-13, 08:38 PM
Project Seraphim looks at him as her hair changes to a greenish color. She shakes her head as her hair quickly goes back to black.

Hello, good to meet you as well. And you are?

Name_Here
2016-11-13, 08:44 PM
Patricia usually wasn't too much of a hugger. A byproduct of growing up as a junior executive in a megacorp but Luci had proven herself a loyal ally and friend. Patricia hugged her tightly harnessing a little bit of mana between them. The feeling was much like a static shock and nobody but the two women would have noticed it.

It was Patricia's way of saying "I haven't noticed anything amiss" without having to say a word.

Turning to the group she asked the obvious question Anybody know what kind of job we're going to be doing? Or if we're supposed to ask for the Johnson?

smoke prism
2016-11-13, 09:20 PM
Oil Slick turns to the new arrivel and say.
"You can call me Oil Slick, or whatever you like really. What are you called ?

He then turns to Patricia and says in a low voice.
"No idea. From how I read the letter, the johnson will meet use here, interview and ask for a demonstration and if we pass, he will pay us a lot of nuyen."

Eldest
2016-11-13, 10:48 PM
Luci had tapped "Shave an a haircut" into Patricia's back, her own all clear sign, before sitting, but as of now she's not quite slouching in the booth, finishing off her sandwich. If we're going by nicknames already, I'm BlacKat. As for the job, think we're all waiting on the Johnson still. Anybody bring a white noise generator? Never picked one up myself, figured it'd be polite to have one runnin' at the moment. She brushes off crumbs from her shirt, grinning brightly at each other 'runner in turn.

Taqukaq
2016-11-14, 08:05 AM
Well you can call me...

Her commlink goes off as her hair turns green. She pulls it out and looks at it and nods. Puts it away. Luckily as a Technomancer it is as if she can call herself to give her opportunities to avoid giving out too much information. Like her name or alias before the job is even taken.

One moment.

Does not want loose ends knowing of her existence in case we don't end up working together. She blinks a bit. A habit of hers. Same with her green hair, she takes a look at nearby surveillance systems in the nearby area to keep an eye around us. She wonders if the system is secure.

Longes
2016-11-14, 09:19 AM
"Name's Red and I assume Johnson will be here any moment now to tell us the details - it's about time.
"One moment" is a weird name. How did you end up with that?"

[roll0]
Knowledge: Underworld to see if Red has seen Seraphim's Wanted poster. 4 successes due to mental limit 4.

Since we are in a coffee shop, I assume this is a nice area. How nice? Are we broadcasting SINs?

Eldest
2016-11-14, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna call you Pine if you don't have something else quicker. Too many syllables. Doesn't that shade of green look like a pine to you, Red?

Name_Here
2016-11-14, 09:59 AM
You two be nice. We've all been the how do you put it so succinctly Red? The FNG? We've all been the FNG on a team. It can be a bit off putting to say the least. Also the hair is clearly more of an olive green.

Patricia then sipped her (Decaf) Soykaf.

Taqukaq
2016-11-14, 10:09 AM
Seraphim chuckled at reds remark. Her hair turns blue as she relaxes.

Haha, you are funny. That isn't my name, I just received a message that required my attention.

Eldest
2016-11-14, 10:21 AM
She nods and grins. So you can talk! No worries, Rainbow. I'll wait.

Taqukaq
2016-11-14, 10:53 AM
Seraphim smiles, it is genuine. She relaxes considerably more, figured if all of you were enemies, then there wasn't much she could do now to escape.

Haha. Rainbow, I like that. Or Pine, that does match the hair... er...

She grins as her hair turns a deep sage green. She still stays standing, she never much liked sitting... or relaxing. That's her life now. One of the only technomancers to be discovered, captured AND escape. She simply prayed that these people would never find out.

Good chance they might have debts of their own.

MarvAlice
2016-11-14, 11:44 AM
"Name's Red and I assume Johnson will be here any moment now to tell us the details - it's about time.
"One moment" is a weird name. How did you end up with that?"

[roll0]
Knowledge: Underworld to see if Red has seen Seraphim's Wanted poster. 4 successes due to mental limit 4.

Since we are in a coffee shop, I assume this is a nice area. How nice? Are we broadcasting SINs?

it's relatively nice, but not so nice that you are making a scene just being there. you are not broadcasting.

you have seen some posters, mostly of the "Wanted For Questioning" or "Information Wanted" variety, that said the places you've seen them tell you all you need to know about whether she'd walk out after "questioning".

samduke
2016-11-14, 12:14 PM
with but minutes to spare before this interview Max's van rubbles into the lot. getting out and heading into the cafι as doing so keeping tabs on who all is where.

I am guessing we are all here for the same reason ? as he looks out at the others around..

Longes
2016-11-14, 06:19 PM
"Yup. Inconspicuous as ****. That's us."
Red motions as he introduces everyone.
"Red. BlacKat. Oil Slick. Seraphim.

Taqukaq
2016-11-14, 06:33 PM
Seraphim's hair turns red at his mentioning of her name. She looks, less than pleased but the only indication is her hair.

An interesting name for me. Where did you come up with it?

MarvAlice
2016-11-15, 01:13 AM
Ah, young Lady. I was afraid you'd be late.
there is, quite suddenly, another man sitting in the last chair at the table. You did not see him sit, it's almost as if he was here the whole time. he matches the description in the letter you received; A silver haired man, aged of face but still well built with a dark brown goatee, wearing a suit that probably costs more to clean then the rest of the teams entire wardrobe. He speaks in a stereotypical German accent, to perfect to be anything but fake.
Now that everyone is here. I know your names, and you know each other, or know someone who knows each other He seems to trail for a second. but you can call me Dr. Johan Johnson. I know anonymity is part of this game, but I didn't study over a decade to be called Mr. anything...

Longes
2016-11-15, 07:54 AM
Red rolls eyes at Johnson's appearance.
****ing mages. Think they are the **** de la **** of the world.

He pushes a text message to Serpahim's visible commlink. ["Your face is all over the place, if you care enough to look. But don't worry, I'm not in the bounty hunting business."]

Taqukaq
2016-11-15, 08:43 AM
She messages him without looking, she pretends like she is using the commlink and puts it away. She needs to regain her composure. Her hair turns a white silvery color.

[ Christ, so they resorted to wanted posters? Here i thought they would be discreet. So... You know what I am then?]

She nods and the Dr.

What are the details? Too much waiting around. To business then?

Eldest
2016-11-15, 09:46 AM
BlacKat's hand blurs towards the Johnson as he appears. Halfway through the motion she seems to register him as a non-threat, and the would-be shot ends with her pointing a finger gun at the man, silently making the "bang" motion. I'm gonna suggest, Doktor Schmidt, that you not sneak up on a group of runners that way. she says in accented German. Proffessional paranoids, the lot of us, and some can hit an astral form. She switches back to English. Now, how can we help you?

Name_Here
2016-11-15, 10:38 AM
Needless theatrics. Apparently he doesn't care about us knowing that he's a mage and a doctor. Can't be that many of those in the city. That can't be great. Patricia thought to herself before speaking to the new addition to the table.

Of course Dr. Johnson. And would you be a medical doctor or did you earn yours in the fires of Academia? Because in our line of work you can never know too many of either type but you definately don't want to call the latter when you need to former. It's a great way for you to make a little money on the side.

smoke prism
2016-11-15, 11:21 AM
As the Johnson suddenly appears, Oil Slick pivots and is reaching for his Ares crusader in one swift motion, and then he stops and stares at what he know recognizes as the Johnson.

In a low and semi-calm tone.
"***** man. I knew there was something their, I knew it. Please don't do that again, as I can't promise that I wont shot you next time."

He then sends a message over his DNI.
[You guys handle the negotiation, and I'll see what I can dig up on this guy]

Using his image link, Oil Slick snaps a shot of the Johnson, and up load it to Jackpoint with the caption. [What do you guys know about this guy. Dose he have a good track record as a Johnson. His flare for dramatic enters has set me on edge.]

I want to use my jackpoint connection to dig up info on the Johnson, but Idon't know how to do it, as I don't have my book to hand.

Longes
2016-11-15, 04:54 PM
["So long as you don't rape children, blow up puppy pounds, drive on the left side of the road, or vote for dragons - we should be okay."]

Taqukaq
2016-11-15, 05:29 PM
She puts her commlink away before she sent the message. Her hair turns blue as she relaxes with relief.

[Been an experimental test subject my whole life sooo... You don't have to worry about me. ]

****... didn't take out my commlink for that message... oh well, he already knows. She turns her attention to the Johnson who seems to prefer image to practicality.

Nice show... time for details, what is the job, what do you need from us and what is the time frame? Then we can discuss pay, or we can discuss pay first.

She seems impatient to get to the point... Never liked staying in one place for too long.

MarvAlice
2016-11-16, 09:10 PM
The job, He says, one eyebrow raised, Is long, and complicated, and frankly, I'd like to know a little more about you before going into details. he takes a sip of coffee before continuing. First. How do you feel about what you in the shadows call "Wet Work"?

Eldest
2016-11-16, 09:45 PM
If you're worried about our discretion, I'm frankly kind of insulted. As for wetwork, I personally have no issue with it, 'long as it's not kids. I don't do kids. Mind you, I try my best NOT to carve a bloody path through life, so if you want that best to pay more. She blows imaginary smoke off the finger-gun, smiling cheerfully.

smoke prism
2016-11-16, 10:15 PM
Oil Slicks eyes widen at the mention of wetwork, as hundreds of shattered memories of all the people hes killed has before his eyes.

In a level and conspiratorial
"Whilst it doesn't sit well with me, i'm very trained and actually quite good at wetwork. So you don't have to worry about my skills. people kill each other everyday,what dose it matter that we are motivated by nuyen ? "

After saying this, he sends a message to the other runners over DNI.
[He better be paying serious cash for wetwork. Also don't think that I'm a bad guy, this just plays into my skillset quite nicely. Also, did anyone scan for bugs ? ]

Name_Here
2016-11-17, 06:24 AM
Patricia always had to tamp down a smile when this question came up. She had once made a decision to doom at least 500 people to die just to save Saeder Krupp 0.05 nuyen per unit. She had gotten a commendation for that one. After you make that decision it's kinda hard to care about geeking some nobody.

You'll pay top nuyen for wetwork but the person will die as slowly and as painfully as you like. Patricia didn't bother to add in the no exceptions part of it but it didn't really need to be said

Longes
2016-11-17, 07:10 AM
Red's eyebrow slowly moved up his face as he listened to bloodthirstiness and callousness of his new comrades.
"Wetwork is possible."

Taqukaq
2016-11-17, 08:51 AM
Seraphim's hair turns black. More killing? She had killed enough fathers, sons, mothers and daughters in her attempts to escape. They were all adults, but they still had families and lives. She didn't want to kill anymore, but what she wanted didn't matter, it was what she needed.

I don't like it one bit. I don't really want to kill anymore people, but unfortunately I need the money pretty badly. I will only do what is needed. Preferably, I don't want to be the one to pull the trigger unless I have to...

samduke
2016-11-17, 02:34 PM
max looking on as the conversation proceeds and ponders the whole involvement of "wet work"
Listen up"Doc" if the job not only pays well and pay 100% of certain other expenditures such as ammo and the like
then you can count me in.

MarvAlice
2016-11-18, 12:22 AM
I should clarify that this is mostly to see what kind of people I'll be working with, I do trust your discretion, and your skill, but i prefer face to face over a resume, so if you'd indulge me a while longer. He takes a long sip of his coffee. The interview goes pretty standard as far as these things go. he makes a few very certain notes about Red, and drops a few hints that he expects you to research everything you can about him, and any missions in addition to the info he gives you.

As he's finishing up he takes out a small card and begins to write on it, Now about that demonstration I mentioned. he finishes and hands the card to Morgana, this note contains the address of a company called, "Quite Sleep Inc." on the third sub-basement, in the 4th wing, suite 3487, you'll find a young woman who goes by the name "Intensity Sparkles" His nose wrinkles in distaste as he says the name. It's true that there is no accounting for taste. In spite of her creative taste in moniker, I, and those I represent would like to offer her an "Alternative" to her current employers. your job will be to find her, and escort her outside the building.

he looks despondently at his now empty coffee cup. as I said this is more a demo then a job, but if your like me you won't do anything for nothing. So I f you give us our chance to talk to miss... he sighs Sparkles. I'll give you a small tip. 7,500 nuyen each. Also, if Quite Sleep's parent corp doesn't hear about the woman's little "walk" for at least 24 hours, we'll throw in an extra 15,000.

He makes eye contact with each of you in turn, Are there any questions?

Name_Here
2016-11-18, 06:43 AM
Have you been in contact with Intensity? We can do our own legwork but we do need to know if the job we're talking about picking up a chummer or not to put too fine a point on it a kidnapping. Morgana said. Also we're going to need to see some nuyen up front to pay off our contacts and to make sure we're geared up for the job.

Negotiation (bargaining) [roll0]

Longes
2016-11-18, 08:12 AM
"Intensity... Sparkles? What's up with the gang name?"

Taqukaq
2016-11-18, 08:24 AM
Huh... so we... "escort" this woman outside the building and to where exactly? Unless you actually just want us to bring her outdoors? Where do you want us to bring miss... sparkles...

Seraphim chuckles at the name before continuing.

This Sparkles... will she be expecting us and willing or will we have to...assist her in her path to the meeting location?

Eldest
2016-11-18, 08:31 AM
Luci tuts at Seraphim, mock disapproval clear on her face. Rainbow, you don't get to make fun of other people's names, it's not nice. She turns to the Johnson. Doktor Schmidt, we are going to need money up front. Bribes, specialty equipment, you know how a team needs some start up costs to invest before they can start raking in the dough. And on that note, excuse me, I'm going to get a pastry. She slides out from the booth, wandering over to the counter and doing just that.

Taqukaq
2016-11-18, 12:16 PM
Seraphim's hair turns green. She grins.

People With Wierd names Can Make Fun Of People With Wierd names. We are a part of a club.

samduke
2016-11-20, 12:39 PM
well the money seems okay for the job at hand is there any particular information that you might have concerning miss intensity - like is she a user of magic, or other talents such as is varied amongst those of us here.

post meeting, but before crew decided what they want to do
phone call to fixer or local vid cam place to acquire a vid cam for max's roto-drone

Name_Here
2016-11-20, 03:17 PM
8 dice naturally with the extra 2 for teamwork. [roll0]

Name_Here
2016-11-21, 09:46 AM
Also I'm thinking that a nice even 8,000 would be the perfect payoff for this job. Sure the promse of future work is great but in this bizz you gotta take while the taking's good.

MarvAlice
2016-11-25, 01:33 AM
He starts to respond to you in sequence,

Have you been in contact with Intensity? We can do our own legwork but we do need to know if the job we're talking about picking up a chummer or not to put too fine a point on it a kidnapping. Morgana said.

A good question, unfortunately the girl has been in total blackout for quite a while now.even her family has been unable to speak with her. It's part of her current contract; And one of the reasons I'm sure she'd love an alternative.

"Intensity... Sparkles? What's up with the gang name?"

well the money seems okay for the job at hand is there any particular information that you might have concerning miss intensity - like is she a user of magic, or other talents such as is varied amongst those of us here.
No she's not a with a gang, or a shadowrunner, her skills are more the sort that lend towards life in the spot light.

One of the other "customers" hands him their coffee cup, he silently mouths his thanks. As for the the pay. I can manage Y2,000 in advance for each of you and that's a pretty good deal for a preliminary job, though if you fail you will pay me back. As for the total, as i said, keep the owners of Quite Sleep in the dark and spread evenly you'll be making Y10,000 each. he thinks about it for a moment That's all I can offer for the job, but if you find any... compromising info about Quite Sleep, He smiles wickedly You simply will not find a better buyer then myself.

He stands up and starts scratching down a few more notes I'am afraid I've used up my allotted for this interview, and I'm sure our host would like to get back to regular business

He winks at the barista, who continues to file her nails paying him no mind. He sets down a stack of nuyen, with the notes on top.Here's your down payment, and a few ways to contact us. If you have any more questions call the number marked SUPPORT, once your about to start the job send a message to the one marked BEGIN, once you have her out call the number marked EXTRACT. We will have our people in place to pick her up how ever you manage to get her outside in advance, though a rooftop helicopter extraction will be harder to hide then a maintenance truck on the road side, so keep that in mind if you want the full payment.
He tips his hat and is gone. Along with all the other people in the cafe but you, and the barista who examines her nails, clearly unimpressed.

Taqukaq
2016-11-25, 09:02 AM
Seraphim claps her hands and grins, her hair green.

Alright! Time to do some homework, seeing has he didn't answer whether or not she will be willing then we will need something to incapacitate her to decrease the chances of her...alerting people and decreasing our pay.

If you guys want I can look around for the location, layout of building and see what I can dig up on security systems. Look around, do my homework and try to dig up everything I can from the matrix.

Name_Here
2016-11-25, 10:23 AM
K so we have the address and the target. Now we just need to do the legwork. I can scout out the building astrally but I think we also need some idea of where we get in and how we're going to cover her escape for 24 hours.

Longes
2016-11-25, 01:54 PM
As Johnson gets up to leave, Red stands up with him and draws in for a handshake and a pat on the back to seal the deal. And as he does that, the hand that goes for the back goes through Johnson's pockets.

Palming
11d6

Red picks up a few credsticks from the pile and downloads his 2000.

Area Knowledge: Seattle. What do I know about the location?
[roll0]

MarvAlice
2016-11-25, 02:07 PM
Area Knowledge: Seattle. What do I know about the location?
[roll0]

You know it's a small apartment complex, only ten stories tall.

Longes
2016-11-25, 02:15 PM
"Well, no time like the present. Let's go check it out. It's an appartment complex, so security can't be heavy. Morgana, did you assense the Johnson? Any news? What was up with the illusion nonsense? Phim, did you check his nodes?"
With questions asked and answered, Red gets up from the table and goes to his bike.

samduke
2016-11-25, 03:58 PM
well then if it's a small complex then perhaps we should travel together in as few of vehicles as needed to avoid tipping her off

Name_Here
2016-11-25, 10:39 PM
Guy was a mage probably wanted to show off and keep us off guard with the whole razzle dazzle thing. I tried to check him out didn't get anything specific off of him but I'm not going to trust him till we know what he's after. And I figured the rigger would handle the transport, I always think it's best to travel as a group anyway just good tradecraft. I just need to stop by my scooter to grab some gear. Also you doing the driving will let me project to check out what kind of wards we're dealing with at the location.

Eldest
2016-11-25, 11:00 PM
Luci cracks her knuckles and pats her bag beside her. I got my toys with me. Speaking of which, Rainbow, you're some sorta decker lady right? Heard that from... somebody, can't recall who. Anyway, mind running overwatch on my gear? I don't have that fancy of a commlink, and I'd rather it remain un-hacked. All those precious cat pictures on it, you know. She smiles brightly.

Taqukaq
2016-11-26, 09:00 AM
Seraphim smiles at Luci. Her hair still green.

Sure, I can do that. I can try to keep an eye on everyone's things too.

samduke
2016-11-26, 12:07 PM
fine by me if you lot want to ride in the van I just need to move a few weapons around

GM
as for rolls via reaction/pilot ground craft do you want me to make them for normal driving or just under combat and or other IE high speed ?
and then do you want the roll format in single d6 how ever many or combo like 20d6

Eldest
2016-12-01, 11:27 AM
Lucielle nods again. I'd love a ride. Incidentally, I've heard the target's name before. Don't know where from, somewhere in the punk scene, but I know that building. Pretty tight lockdown, had to smuggle a sandwich in once, no idea why. Apparently they have food deliveries once a week, and most everyone lives and stays on the building property other than their specialists. Open house is saturdays, though, we could possibly use that since they're in less of a lockdown then.

Name_Here
2016-12-01, 02:30 PM
Might be a good time to insert ourselves. Then depending on security protocols and the number of people attending we might even be able to smuggle her out with the crowd. However I'm going to need to do a little legwork. I would love if we could hit it tonight but it'll probably not be in the cards.

With that she arrainges where to meet up after she grabs her things. Popping open the locked compartment she pulls out her holster with her Super Warhawk and extendable baton and wraps them in her Armored Jacket and piles into the car.

Once you all do your recon of the building I want you to park at the stuffer shack 2 blocks away. I would prefer if you didn't move from that spot until I'm back up and active.

Taqukaq
2016-12-02, 11:02 AM
Seraphim ponders and sends out a message with her commlink. She pockets her commlink after sending the message.

[They have about a dozen armed guards at any one time for the whole building, off duty guards sleep in house, aren't issued weapons... they may have personal weapons. There are security cameras, but only at the entrances, hall way corners, and the top floor suites... there is a sign that says beware the leapards...] Are we traveling together or...what?

samduke
2016-12-06, 11:48 AM
well I can park where ever you think is appropriate for your thing , and those of you riding in the van get yer stuff and we can get going.

Eldest
2016-12-06, 06:25 PM
Luci nods, and picks up a well-worn canvas satchel. Got my stuff. She then heads to the van, humming a jaunty show tune.

Name_Here
2016-12-07, 09:23 AM
Morgana set her self up in the back of the van laying down as secure as she could make herself. Keeping the location of the apartment and the location of the Rendezvous in her mind she began her calming techniques to focus her power and insure a clean entrance into the astral world.

First she let go of the sounds that surrounded her. The rumble of the van's engine and the talking of her fellow runners. Next she shut out the sensations of smell and of feeling ignoring the small motions of the van and even the fact that the chair was in need of a replacement cushion.

Then with just a slight application of power she released her... well the various scholars argue about what term it should be used but she released her very essence from her body. Anybody watching without knowing would think she just fell asleep.

Drawing the mana around herself she slipped through the plane arriving at the apartment complex almost instantly to scan for magical defenses and wards.

Taqukaq
2016-12-08, 09:01 AM
Seraphim smiles and nods heading outside to the van. Once outside she witless down the adjacent alleyway as a Dalmation barges out of the dumpster thst they were both sleeping in. She smiles and waves at it.

Here Reks! We gotta go. Good boy.

The Dalmation comes and she pets it and goes into the van with it as she picks banana peels and other trash off of it.

MarvAlice
2016-12-08, 02:09 PM
Morgana set her self up in the back of the van laying down as secure as she could make herself. Keeping the location of the apartment and the location of the Rendezvous in her mind she began her calming techniques to focus her power and insure a clean entrance into the astral world.

First she let go of the sounds that surrounded her. The rumble of the van's engine and the talking of her fellow runners. Next she shut out the sensations of smell and of feeling ignoring the small motions of the van and even the fact that the chair was in need of a replacement cushion.

Then with just a slight application of power she released her... well the various scholars argue about what term it should be used but she released her very essence from her body. Anybody watching without knowing would think she just fell asleep.

Drawing the mana around herself she slipped through the plane arriving at the apartment complex almost instantly to scan for magical defenses and wards.

You see the apartment, but something is amiss. quite apart from the usual vibrant colors of the astral, the entire complex is a deep, imperceptible black.
please make a perception roll, and an arcana roll.

samduke
2016-12-10, 01:11 PM
Max parks the van at the preferred location while the others begin to do their things he will setup he roto drone for recon

Name_Here
2016-12-10, 06:22 PM
This can't possibly be good. What the hell did that old man get us into? Knowing that this might prove a huge threat to the rest of the team Morgana tried to figure out what exactly was going on at the apartment complex.

Perception [roll0]

Arcana [roll1]

MarvAlice
2016-12-11, 09:13 PM
This can't possibly be good. What the hell did that old man get us into? Knowing that this might prove a huge threat to the rest of the team Morgana tried to figure out what exactly was going on at the apartment complex.

Perception [roll0]

Arcana [roll1]

looking closely you can still see the texture of the building in exquisite detail, as if all light, but only light, had been simply removed from the building. you don't recognize this as any ward you know, further interaction would definitely be very educational. deadly though? almost certainly not. But you probably won't get anymore information without interacting with it.

Name_Here
2016-12-14, 07:01 AM
Always said I wanted to push back the boundries of magical knowledge Morgana thought to herself as she slipped into the building scanning for any wards or spirits that were defending the building from her intrusion.

MarvAlice
2016-12-14, 12:22 PM
Always said I wanted to push back the boundries of magical knowledge Morgana thought to herself as she slipped into the building scanning for any wards or spirits that were defending the building from her intrusion.

Inside, you see nothing but a dark void. It seems impossible, but it's as is the building has been neatly sliced out of astral space entirely.

Eldest
2016-12-14, 01:00 PM
Luci frowns, sitting in the van with the others. One hand taps a beat restlessly on her leg, and she snaps to a decision. I'm gonna get a look from up top. I'm wired for calls, and I got a camera. You'll see what I do. She springs out of the van and goes to a nearby building, in the alley, and starts to climb up the side, out of sight. She left her bag in the van, but has a smaller satchel with her. At last, movement.
1. She's bipolar. She's got meds (that I paid for), so no mechanical penalties, but when you're manic you gotta move, speaking from experience.
2. She has the ability to run up sheer walls and can auto-buy 4 hits on a climbing test (18 dice). Do I need to roll, or am I just able to be on top of the building?

MarvAlice
2016-12-14, 08:37 PM
Luci frowns, sitting in the van with the others. One hand taps a beat restlessly on her leg, and she snaps to a decision. I'm gonna get a look from up top. I'm wired for calls, and I got a camera. You'll see what I do. She springs out of the van and goes to a nearby building, in the alley, and starts to climb up the side, out of sight. She left her bag in the van, but has a smaller satchel with her. At last, movement.
1. She's bipolar. She's got meds (that I paid for), so no mechanical penalties, but when you're manic you gotta move, speaking from experience.
2. She has the ability to run up sheer walls and can auto-buy 4 hits on a climbing test (18 dice). Do I need to roll, or am I just able to be on top of the building?

you can get to the top.

Eldest
2016-12-14, 11:44 PM
BlacKat creeps to the edge of the roof, systematically taking pictures of the building, staying out of sight. She's searching for exit points, entry points, and security features, snapping a photo of anywhere she could find one.

Perception [roll0] 5 successes, no glitch!
Stealth [roll1] 3 successes, no glitch!

Name_Here
2016-12-15, 11:04 AM
Knowing that it's probably useless Morgana tries a few things to try and determine the exact nature of the anomaly.

She draws in a little power into her hand not enough to really be an all out attack but enough to prod the void. She sends it forth as a little ball of light and sees what happens when it hits the darkness.

Morgana knew that probably the best thing that could be done would be to summon a spirit and force it to interact with the void but it might be riskier than just touching the field since spirits tend to not like suicide missions. So she reached out and touched the void. Even applied a little pressure to see if she could enter the void. If I get sucked into this it will be a profoundly stupid way to die.]She thought ruefully.

MarvAlice
2016-12-16, 12:22 AM
BlacKat creeps to the edge of the roof, systematically taking pictures of the building, staying out of sight. She's searching for exit points, entry points, and security features, snapping a photo of anywhere she could find one.

Perception [roll0] 5 successes, no glitch!
Stealth [roll1] 3 successes, no glitch!

Strangely for an apartment building, there are almost no windows, of the few there are one of them is over the front entrance, though from the subtly layer of dust that door does not seem to get much use.

The side of the building has a service door, both a man door, and a vehicle door. that must be what the delivery man and few employees who aren't in house use.

There is what looks like an area where the subway rises out of the ground to meet third floor, the tube is entirely enclosed, but any subway needs service entrance...

At the top of the building is what looks like the output for an old fashioned ventilation system. The innards of the climate control has probably been up graded by now, but it could still be a way in, and the thought reminds you of a certain 20th century classic...

In one of the few other windows, you see a large package with the logo Best Friends Forever tm
How likely is Lucy to know about exotic/specialty pets?

Knowing that it's probably useless Morgana tries a few things to try and determine the exact nature of the anomaly.

She draws in a little power into her hand not enough to really be an all out attack but enough to prod the void. She sends it forth as a little ball of light and sees what happens when it hits the darkness.

Morgana knew that probably the best thing that could be done would be to summon a spirit and force it to interact with the void but it might be riskier than just touching the field since spirits tend to not like suicide missions. So she reached out and touched the void. Even applied a little pressure to see if she could enter the void. If I get sucked into this it will be a profoundly stupid way to die.]She thought ruefully.

the light orb bounces of like rubber ball thrown with far more force then you gave it.

as you reach out to touch the void, your hand feels a strange cold. You touch it and in contrast to its empty appearance, it feels incredibly solid, if very cold. Like iron in the winter. any attempts to enter meet in failure.
make one more arcana check

samduke
2016-12-17, 02:00 PM
Priorities
A: Resources
B: Attributes
C: Skills
D: Race
E: Magic/Res

Elf
Attributes
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical [Body / 2] + 8
Stun [Willpower / 2] + 8

Mental [(Logic x 2) + Intuition + Willpower] / 3 (round up) —
Physical [(Strength x 2) + Body + Reaction] / 3 (round up) —
Social [(Charisma x 2) + Willpower + Essence] / 3 (round up) —

body 6/6
agil 7/7
reac 7/7
str 4/6
wil 4/6
log 4/6
int 4/6
cha 3/8

edg 1/6
ess 4.3 used of 6
ini 11 +1d6
Karma 11

Qualities
Positive
Exeptional Attribute 14 karma (reac)

Negative
Allergy (common, mild) 10 bonus karma
Code of Honor (Female Children or Women) 15 bonus karma

Skills
Active
Chemestry 4 -log
Automatics 5 -agi
Pistols 5 -agi
Automotive mechanic 4 -log
Blades 5 -agi
Pilot Ground Craft 5 -rea

Knowledge
runner hangouts 4 -log
corperate policies 3 -log
fixers 3 -log
chemestry 3 -log

Language
Sperethiel - N
English 1/1/1

Contacts
Connection/Loyalty

Lifestyle
Low 2,500
Starting Credits 3d6x60 + 4,998

Item accuracy reach damage ap Mode RC ammo avail cost
Combat knife 6 — (STR + 2)P –3 - - - 4 300
Ares Predator 5 (7) — 8P –1 SA — 15c 5R 725
with
Smartgun system, internal avail(+2)R (Weapon Cost)x2
Spare clip avail 4 cost 5 ea (x3)
Quick-draw holster avail 4 cost 175
Regular ammo avail 2R cost 20 (45 bullets)

Ares Alpha 5 (7) - 11P –2 SA/BF/FA 2 42 c 11F 2,650
Grenade Launch 4 (6) - — — SS — 6c — —
with
Airburst link avail 6R cost 600
Spare clip avail 4 cost 5 ea (x5)
Silencer/suppressor Barrel avail 9F cost 500
Regular ammo avail 2R cost 20 (168 bullets)
Explosive rounds dmg +1 ap -1 avail 9f cost 80 (42 bullets)
Fragmentation dmg 18P,f AP+5 Blast–1/m avail 11F cost 100 x5 (500)
High explosive dmg 16P AP–2 Blast–2/m avail 11F cost 100 x5 (500)

Armor clothing rat 6 avail 2 cost 450
Renraku Sensei commlink rat 3 avail 6 cost 1,000
Credstick Gold avail 5 cost 100
tools kit cost 500
tools shop avail 8 cost 5,000
Survival Kit avail 4 cost 200

datajack ess 0.1 avail 2 cost 1000
Control Rig Rat 2 ess 2 avail 10r cost 97,000
Eyeware rat 2 ess 0.3 cap 8 avail 6 cost 6,000
image link 1,000
flare compensation 1,000
magnification 2,000
smart link 4,000
thermographic 1,500
Earware rat 2 ess 0.3 cap 8 avail 6 cost 4,500
dampner 2,250
Muscle Toner rat 2 ess 0.4 avail 10r cost 64,000 +2 agi
superthyroid gland ess 0.7 avail 20r cost 140,000 +1 agi, body, reac, str +25% lifestyle increase
synaptic booster rat 1 ess 0.5 avail 6r cost 95,000 +1 rea, +1d6 init

GMC Bulldog
handle 3/3
speed 3
accel 1
bod 16
armor 12
pilot 1
sensor 2
seats 6
cost 35,000

MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone
handle 4
speed 4
accel 2
body 4
armor 4
pilot 3
sensor 3
avail 6
cost 5,000
Currently equipped with thermographics capable vid-cam

Max Launches the roto drone for recon ( reac 7 + cont. rig 2 + handle 4 = 13 d 6 ? )

Eldest
2016-12-17, 02:15 PM
BlacKat frowns, looking at the AC apparadus. Any of the cameras able to see her?

MarvAlice
2016-12-17, 11:35 PM
BlacKat frowns, looking at the AC apparatus. Any of the cameras able to see her?

There's very little outside surveillance only two camera at each entrance pointed strait back at the doors.

Eldest
2016-12-18, 11:02 AM
She shrugs, and climbs back down, getting back into the van. Back! Anybody miss me? She cracks a smile, and then shares what she saw.

MarvAlice
2016-12-19, 05:04 PM
Priorities
A: Resources
B: Attributes
C: Skills
D: Race
E: Magic/Res

Elf
Attributes
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical [Body / 2] + 8
Stun [Willpower / 2] + 8

Mental [(Logic x 2) + Intuition + Willpower] / 3 (round up) —
Physical [(Strength x 2) + Body + Reaction] / 3 (round up) —
Social [(Charisma x 2) + Willpower + Essence] / 3 (round up) —

body 6/6
agil 7/7
reac 7/7
str 4/6
wil 4/6
log 4/6
int 4/6
cha 3/8

edg 1/6
ess 4.3 used of 6
ini 11 +1d6
Karma 11

Qualities
Positive
Exeptional Attribute 14 karma (reac)

Negative
Allergy (common, mild) 10 bonus karma
Code of Honor (Female Children or Women) 15 bonus karma

Skills
Active
Chemestry 4 -log
Automatics 5 -agi
Pistols 5 -agi
Automotive mechanic 4 -log
Blades 5 -agi
Pilot Ground Craft 5 -rea

Knowledge
runner hangouts 4 -log
corperate policies 3 -log
fixers 3 -log
chemestry 3 -log

Language
Sperethiel - N
English 1/1/1

Contacts
Connection/Loyalty

Lifestyle
Low 2,500
Starting Credits 3d6x60 + 4,998

Item accuracy reach damage ap Mode RC ammo avail cost
Combat knife 6 — (STR + 2)P –3 - - - 4 300
Ares Predator 5 (7) — 8P –1 SA — 15c 5R 725
with
Spare clip avail 4 cost 5 ea (x3)
Quick-draw holster avail 4 cost 175
Regular ammo avail 2R cost 20 (45 bullets)

Ares Alpha 5 (7) - 11P –2 SA/BF/FA 2 42 c 11F 2,650
Grenade Launch 4 (6) - — — SS — 6c — —
with
Airburst link avail 6R cost 600
Spare clip avail 4 cost 5 ea (x5)
Silencer/suppressor Barrel avail 9F cost 500
Regular ammo avail 2R cost 20 (168 bullets)
Explosive rounds dmg +1 ap -1 avail 9f cost 80 (42 bullets)
Fragmentation dmg 18P,f AP+5 Blast–1/m avail 11F cost 100 x5 (500)
High explosive dmg 16P AP–2 Blast–2/m avail 11F cost 100 x5 (500)

Armor clothing rat 6 avail 2 cost 450
Renraku Sensei commlink rat 3 avail 6 cost 1,000
Credstick Gold avail 5 cost 100
tools kit cost 500
tools shop avail 8 cost 5,000
Survival Kit avail 4 cost 200

datajack ess 0.1 avail 2 cost 1000
Control Rig Rat 2 ess 2 avail 10r cost 97,000
Eyeware rat 2 ess 0.3 cap 8 avail 6 cost 6,000
image link 1,000
flare compensation 1,000
magnification 2,000
smart link 4,000
thermographic 1,500
Earware rat 2 ess 0.3 cap 8 avail 6 cost 4,500
dampner 2,250
Muscle Toner rat 2 ess 0.4 avail 10r cost 64,000 +2 agi
superthyroid gland ess 0.7 avail 20r cost 140,000 +1 agi, body, reac, str +25% lifestyle increase
synaptic booster rat 1 ess 0.5 avail 6r cost 95,000 +1 rea, +1d6 init

GMC Bulldog
handle 3/3
speed 3
accel 1
bod 16
armor 12
pilot 1
sensor 2
seats 6
cost 35,000

MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone
handle 4
speed 4
accel 2
body 4
armor 4
pilot 3
sensor 3
avail 6
cost 5,000
Currently equipped with thermographics capable vid-cam

Max Launches the roto drone for recon ( reac 7 + cont. rig 2 + handle 4 = 13 d 6 ? )
Your drone begins it's sweep, it should blend in with the other drones in the sky
I think that roll is right. so go ahead:)

Name_Here
2016-12-20, 07:30 AM
Figured I was just going to turn her invisible and walk her out of there. That's probably not going to happen.

[roll0]

samduke
2016-12-20, 12:14 PM
Your drone begins it's sweep, it should blend in with the other drones in the sky
I think that roll is right. so go ahead:)

roto drone for recon ( I am doing this 2 ways as I still do not know which is preferred.

< [roll0] >
OR
1:[roll1] : 2:[roll2] : 3:[roll3] : 4:[roll4] : 5:[roll5] : 6:[roll6] :
7:[roll7] : 8:[roll8] : 8:[roll9] : 10:[roll10] : 11:[roll11] : 12:[roll12] : 13:[roll13]

Eldest
2016-12-20, 12:22 PM
Use rollv instead of roll inside your brackets. It works wonders.

samduke
2016-12-20, 12:26 PM
Use rollv instead of roll inside your brackets. It works wonders.

such as [roll0]

MarvAlice
2016-12-21, 02:52 AM
Figured I was just going to turn her invisible and walk her out of there. That's probably not going to happen.

[roll0]

It's, like, some kind of defense yo! What could it mean?
I'm so sorry, I couldn't help myselfX).

roto drone for recon ( I am doing this 2 ways as I still do not know which is preferred.

< [roll0] >
insert successful roll here

the drone mostly just confirms what everyone else already gathered, the only new thing is the drone notices some industrial sized dog food bowls in the lobby. probably not important.

Eldest
2017-01-10, 04:30 PM
BlacKat shrugs after waiting a good 15 minutes, pinching, prodding, and generally testing the other seemingly-unconcious runners. She scribbles "Going to find the target now" on a note, sticks it onto somebody's nose, and then strolls off to the building, trying to circle around to an unobserved location before scaling the side of the building.

Say what you want me rolling in the OOC please.

Name_Here
2017-01-12, 02:36 PM
After failing to really understand what she was seeing Morgana decided to pack it in. It'll probably wreck my spellcasting while inside the wards. But no way of knowing until the run starts up.

She swam back through the Astral plane slipping back into her body. Sitting up she ate a few bites of a candy bar she kept on her to fight off the little bit of nausea she got everytime she did an astral projection.

putting the bar aside she tapped into the group commline "Place has some flipping fancy magical defenses. Job's getting better every second.

Eldest
2017-01-16, 05:15 PM
BlacKat hears Morgana over the comms and stops, hidden in an alley. Finally one of you talks. I went back to the van and you were all passed out or something, I was beginning to think you all had a party and I wasn't invited. 'Bout to make my entrance to the building, so what's that about a magical defense?

Taqukaq
2017-01-16, 06:51 PM
Seraphim hears the comms and when BlackKat mentions she is about to enter she speaks.

Oh yeah... sorry about that... i was...busy with something. By the something i mean you dont have to worry about cameras. They are looping. If you hit something you cant deal with electronically then let me know and ill make it go away.

Seraphim hoped no obe saw her message while she was dived in. She reeled herself back in now that her work was done for now. She woke up and giggled at Reks. Patting it on the head.

Eldest
2017-01-19, 05:29 PM
Luci shrugs. No cameras is good stuff. She then starts to scale the building, and once on top looks for a way in through the AC unit.

MarvAlice
2017-01-19, 11:36 PM
Luci shrugs. No cameras is good stuff. She then starts to scale the building, and once on top looks for a way in through the AC unit.

the Air Conditioning vents are big enough that you should be able to squeeze in, and they seem old enough that there's probably no security in there. all you'll need is a screw driver and some determination to open it up.

Eldest
2017-01-20, 08:07 AM
Hokay, so, I'm going to go in through the air ducts. Like that old film, you know, with the Bond guy. Can you make sure there's no security there waiting for me? She picks a good piece of metal out of her lockpick set and uses it as an improvised screwdriver. Who carried a screwdriver around?

Taqukaq
2017-01-20, 09:04 AM
Can do! Here is a little bonus for you too.

Seraphim dives back in and sifts through the cameras that she took care of in the building attempting to feed an unlooped version to Luci's commlink so she could see the real footage while the security saw only the looped footage. Seraphim searched the building for any other types of wireless security measures such as door alarms or trip wires.

I Know I wrote it already but I'm gonna ask and if I need to change the post I will. Is it possible for me to feed him the real footage whilst I keep the Security's feed looped? Will I have to roll for that and what do I need to roll in order to help Luci more? >.<

Eldest
2017-01-20, 10:05 AM
BlacKat nods as she watches the video feeds go to her contacts. Think you could find the extraction target? Or building schematics or anything? Otherwise I'm going in blind.

Name_Here
2017-01-20, 03:30 PM
It seemed like there was no magic in there. I've never seen anything like it.

Morgana was still unsure about what she had seen in the Astral plane.

Be careful in there I'm not sure how your abilities will interact with the wards.

MarvAlice
2017-01-20, 05:39 PM
[roll0]

Rolling for finding building schematics. 4 successes

[roll1]

Looking for the target, Camera feeds, commlink location etc. 5 successes

there aren't any schematics around the matrix, but you manage to piece together a rough map of the place from the camera, com-feeds etc. the third sub-basement is 14 levels below the roof, but the ventilation system seems o have a central duct that leads from the top floor to the first basement. that would cut out a lot stairs/elevators to get caught in. on the down side, the ducts have a number of "doggy doors" on each level that allow some very large black dogs access.

for the target, all security below the first sub-basement is entirely cutoff from anything outside, and appear to be all wired. you are able to get a little info from the guards chatter though; apparently everything below the first basement is refereed to as "The Cellar" and requires special key card to access. Also it seems that the subbasements have a separate security set up from the rest of the building. also a lot of comments about how cold it is down there.

Eldest
2017-01-20, 06:56 PM
Luci nods along, tapping at her commlink to put some new beats on, and put a rough schematic of the building in the corner of her eye. Who said minimaps were unrealistic? Hokay, I'm headed in, I'm wired for sound so if I can subvocalize I can talk. Try to track the guards, show me where they are on the minimap... I mean, my contacts. And if I don't make it, give Oil Slick a kiss for me, I wouldn't do it myself but the confusion would be freakin' priceless. And with that she squirms her way into the air duct, thermographic vision lighting the way.

Taqukaq
2017-01-20, 08:41 PM
Seraphim chuckles and gets to work, trying to patch a crude route list and locations of guards from the camera feed. Seraphim adds it to her minimap.

Ill have Reks give oil slick the kiss. XD he loves kisses.

MarvAlice
2017-01-30, 07:42 PM
Luci nods along, tapping at her commlink to put some new beats on, and put a rough schematic of the building in the corner of her eye. Who said minimaps were unrealistic? Hokay, I'm headed in, I'm wired for sound so if I can subvocalize I can talk. Try to track the guards, show me where they are on the minimap... I mean, my contacts. And if I don't make it, give Oil Slick a kiss for me, I wouldn't do it myself but the confusion would be freakin' priceless. And with that she squirms her way into the air duct, thermographic vision lighting the way.

the ducts seem like they where made with the intent for large mammals to crawl through(those dogs maybe?), you can fit pretty easily crouching down, they also seem more sturdy then most vents you've seen. there aren't any cameras in the ventilation so you can try getting to the halls where you'll have the advantage of the cameras but more guards, or stay in the vents where all you have is the blueprints but a big rent-a-cop won't fit well...

Eldest
2017-01-30, 09:31 PM
Luci continues, grouching to herself (over the open mic) about the person who designed this system and exactly what she'd do if she found him. and then I'll take pictures and put them on the 'trix. She concludes, putting another RFID tag on the wall as she goes. She's been leaving a trail of them to lead her back out as well, and had them matching up to the blueprints. Anybody know why this AC unit is made for people to crawl in? Are they going to send in dogs? Looks dog sized.

Taqukaq
2017-01-31, 05:36 AM
When i was younger i watched a movie about a blind guy who did that. It was ****ing wierd...

MarvAlice
2017-02-05, 11:16 PM
Luci continues, grouching to herself (over the open mic) about the person who designed this system and exactly what she'd do if she found him. and then I'll take pictures and put them on the 'trix. She concludes, putting another RFID tag on the wall as she goes. She's been leaving a trail of them to lead her back out as well, and had them matching up to the blueprints. Anybody know why this AC unit is made for people to crawl in? Are they going to send in dogs? Looks dog sized.

you don't encounter anything until you reach the central shaft. from what your ally was able to piece together you should be able to follow this down to the basement.

you here a very low growling noise and, if you look down, you'll see on what looks large dogs of an impossible to determine breed. their legs are... wrong in a way that's hard to pin down, and their paws are more like monkeys rats. definitely rats. but their teeth(BIG teeth) are dogs(or wolves maybe?) you can tell because they are showing you in what certainly isn't a smile.

And four of them are coming to show you the teeth even closer on latter rungs that look to run the whole eleven stories down.

Eldest
2017-02-08, 01:59 PM
Nice dogs, goooood dogs, no need to bite the nice lady in the air vents, even though she is a cat lady at heart... Luci sloooowly readies her pistol to quick-draw, ready to start shooting if things go south.

Eldest
2017-02-18, 11:51 PM
Bad dog! Bad dog! She hisses, popping off a trio of shots into the nearest dog.

Aim, then fire.[roll0]

Eldest
2017-02-18, 11:55 PM
Forgot a +1. [roll0]

MarvAlice
2017-02-21, 04:52 PM
Bad dog! Bad dog! She hisses, popping off a trio of shots into the nearest dog.

Aim, then fire.[3 hits]

you aim at the largest one with a scar on his noseroll dodge[roll]9d6[/rollv]

[roll]9d6[/rollv]made mistake with the dice, but there was 1 hit.:smalltongue:

Eldest
2017-02-21, 04:57 PM
[roll0]
It's rollv in both sets of brackets.

MarvAlice
2017-02-21, 05:05 PM
[roll0]
It's rollv in both sets of brackets.

ah I see. thanks:smallbiggrin:
resist roll[roll0] 3 hits.
Scar nose takes a shot in the back and looks at you with eyes full of hate. he, one with a black spot on his eye, and a pure white one come at you, a noticeably smaller on hangs behind.

MarvAlice
2017-02-21, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=MarvAlice;21731008]ah I see. thanks:smallbiggrin:
resist roll[roll0] 3 hits.
Scar nose takes a shot in the back and looks at you with eyes full of hate. he, one with a black spot on his eye, and a pure white one come at you, a noticeably smaller on hangs behind.

Scar nose Initiative [roll4]
Spot Initiative [roll5]
White Initiative [roll6]
Tiny Initiative [roll7]

Eldest
2017-02-21, 08:05 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Eldest
2017-02-21, 08:16 PM
Bloody mutts. This is why I like cats. She puts another few rounds into the mutts, snarling back.

Attribute boost: [roll0]
Shooting the doggie in the face. Add any successes from above onto this roll as dice. [roll1]

Eldest
2017-02-21, 08:20 PM
Spending edge to reroll failures because oh my god.
[roll0]
8 successes.

MarvAlice
2017-02-22, 09:34 PM
Spending edge to reroll failures because oh my god.
[roll0]
8 successes.

Dodge [roll0]
You shoot scar nose strait in the head, and he falls.

nice save. even all hits on the resist wouldn't have saved scar.

MarvAlice
2017-02-22, 09:53 PM
The White dog seems to glance a fraction of a second at his fallen ally, and then charges you, easily closing the distance and baring his teeth!
melee attack[roll0]

But misses. he is now in the same corridor as you though

MarvAlice
2017-02-23, 12:46 PM
The smaller dog lets out a vicious howl!
[roll0]
ps. this is a magic projectile attack. the howl is the dogs version of a chant/focus

Eldest
2017-02-24, 12:15 PM
Luci jerks her head aside as the one dog lets out an unearthly howl, spitting something out that goes on to eat into the vent. They have mage dogs. How the frak do they have mage dogs? The tiny one eats the next bullet.

Action, aim.
Action, fire at the one that spat... acid or something.
[roll0]
9 successes.