PDA

View Full Version : Jak and Daxter: NPCs for an unconventional fight

RickAllison
2016-11-11, 02:29 PM
Hi all, I am looking for some help on creating two NPCs for a boss fight, modeled after the protagonists from the Jak and Daxter series. I want to try to make Jak a pseudo-PC build augmented by various magic items and blessings to represent his Eco-usage and his various guns, but I'm stuck on Daxter. I'll be posting a starting build later tonight, but I figured it would be good to take any initial thoughts on this from those familiar with the characters.

Breaklance
2016-11-11, 03:17 PM
Never played the daxter standalone game but I'd make them a Goliath(or a tall human) and a short gnome so that daxter can be on jaks shoulder

Maybe center daxter around being an alchemist engineer who has like wild fire bombs, smoke screens, and mines.

Regitnui
2016-11-11, 03:52 PM
The one thing I remember about daxter is that he's a smart aleck. Perhaps Magic Initiate feat for Vicious Mockery. As for the actual mechanics... Jak seems more of a Ranged Fighter/Barbarian (Eco modes=Rage) and Daxter would be covered by Rogue, given that speed, stealth and size seem to be his preferred modes of operation when he's not on Jak's shoulder. Jak focuses on Str and Con, Daxter on Dex and Int as the muscle and the wit respectively.

Breaklance
2016-11-11, 06:04 PM
The one thing I remember about daxter is that he's a smart aleck. Perhaps Magic Initiate feat for Vicious Mockery. As for the actual mechanics... Jak seems more of a Ranged Fighter/Barbarian (Eco modes=Rage) and Daxter would be covered by Rogue, given that speed, stealth and size seem to be his preferred modes of operation when he's not on Jak's shoulder. Jak focuses on Str and Con, Daxter on Dex and Int as the muscle and the wit respectively.

Daxter may work well as a bard flat out with vicious mockery and he typically supports Jak so let him cast buffs on Jak to act out some of his Eco modes