PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Train

The Fury
2016-11-11, 03:23 PM
So there's a pilot minisode that Cartoon Network released that's been generating a lot of interest. In case you haven't seen it, you can watch it here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k) I got to say, it's got a lot going for it, like the mysteries of what the eponymous Infinity Train actually is and how Tulip got on board of it, what the number of Tulip's hand actually means. There's even fan theories circulating around already.

So far it's showing a lot of promise, what do you guys think?

Hopeless
2016-11-11, 05:11 PM
Its certainly interesting!

Artemis97
2016-11-11, 06:01 PM
I really enjoyed Infinity Train. There was mystery and adventure and hints at so much more below the surface. It was much better than the other minisode that was released, Vincent and Victorio? I think it was called. When I first watched Infinity Train I thought it was an Adult Swim offering, and was afraid the robot at the end was going to kill Atticus. Fortunately, that didn't happen. I don't know if I could have handled adorable corgi death.

The Fury
2016-11-12, 01:44 PM
There's a lot of fan support to make it into an actual show, so hopefully it will come to be. I'm not sure if it's a premise that can really have more than 2 or 3 seasons though. Not to say that's a strike against it, it's just that after that point I'd hope that some of the major mysteries would be answered. Also, at some point they'd probably have to answer the questions of how and why Tulip got on the train, which that alone would clear up few mysteries. All that's really said so far is that she's been on the train for a week, and that's as long as she's had the number on her hand. While it's not stated, it's at least implied that Tulip is the only one aboard the train that remembers someplace other than the train, One-One has been there his whole life, (possibly built on the train, or maybe for the train?) The corgis have apparently been there for at least decades, (as long as Atticus says they were researching how to open doors,) which given the lifespan of a dog suggests that they were all born there. Then there's that creepy Noh-face lookin' robot at the end which seems to be for maintaining the train... assuming so, since its only line is "Return to your seat!" And according to the credits it's called a "Steward."

And Artemis, I'm also glad that the Steward didn't kill Atticus. Not the least reason why is that it would come off as a cheap shock, but also... seeing a cute dog wearing a tiny crown get murdered by a scary tendril-robot... that's just something I'd rather not see. However the Steward was fine with slapping a corgi clear across a field. If that's not proof that it's evil I don't know what is.

Artemis97
2016-11-12, 06:39 PM
The Steward, is it? I figured it was an entity that worked on the train, something like a conductor or the guy who checks your tickets, so Steward it is. It looked like it was fixing the water that was broken, but why would it attack a passenger? I think you're right to peg it as evil.