PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Class in 5 minutes: the Chassinator! (PEACH)

sengmeng
2016-11-11, 06:34 PM
HD: d12
Saves: All good
BAB: Full
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: All armor, all shields except tower shields, all simple weapons, all martial weapons, and either one exotic weapon, or tower shields.
Skills: All.
Skill points per level: 6+2xInt bonus
Class Abilities: Really Tough: the Chassinator adds twice his Constitution bonus to his hitpoints each level instead of adding his Constitution modifier.

Playable? Worth a dip? Yawn?

Grod_The_Giant
2016-11-11, 08:57 PM
Worth a dip? Sure; great way to pick up proficiencies. Playable? Eh, I suppose; you'll be decently swordy and have plenty of skills. Fun? Probably not; there's not really anything interesting or unique to do.

remetagross
2016-11-11, 11:29 PM
I'll second that. What makes a class attractive and fun to play is how the player relishes at the idea of getting to next level and obtaining that particularly powerful/funny ability. With the Chassinator, you don't have that.

sengmeng
2016-11-11, 11:45 PM
Fair enough, but I think for a brand new player it might be a good introductory class. Survivable and not complicated.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-11-11, 11:47 PM
Fair enough, but I think for a brand new player it might be a good introductory class. Survivable and not complicated.
But again, nothing interesting. New players are not idiots; they can get bored with a class that doesn't do anything just like anyone else.

sengmeng
2016-11-12, 02:38 AM
But again, nothing interesting. New players are not idiots; they can get bored with a class that doesn't do anything just like anyone else.

They certainly didn't believe this in 2e. A strong chassis was basically the fighter in that edition.