PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 3.5E Fiend of Possession

Nerdguy88
2016-11-12, 03:04 AM
Here soon I will be starting a new character in an ongoing campaign we have. The new character I am playing will be a Fiend of Possession. I plan to use lower level psionic powers to help control smaller enemies, while using the Marshals aura to protect my allies as they charge into the middle of combat so I can use imperious command/never outnumbered. I have been wondering what feat to take at level 3 and what powers are worth taking. I have not yet decided on a psionic discipline. Any help with magic items is also very much appreciated!

The current build-
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=886702

EDIT: I have otherworldly due to a house rule from the GM.

DrMotives
2016-11-12, 03:13 AM
I see you got the outsider type to qualify for FoP with the "otherworldly" feat, but how did you get that feat as a human? It's only available to Deep Imarskari, elves, or spirit folk. While two of those races are human-descendant and could take the human heritage feat, none are a standard human.

Nerdguy88
2016-11-12, 03:16 AM
I see you got the outsider type to qualify for FoP with the "otherworldly" feat, but how did you get that feat as a human? It's only available to Deep Imarskari, elves, or spirit folk. While two of those races are human-descendant and could take the human heritage feat, none are a standard human.

I apologize I should have said it was house ruled in our campaign. I wrote a back story as to why it applies to my character.

Inevitability
2016-11-12, 04:12 AM
How are you getting the [Evil] subtype?

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-12, 09:04 AM

Everyone can qualify for Otherwordly with the celestially-attended birth option from CoV.

DrMotives
2016-11-12, 12:36 PM
Everyone can qualify for Otherwordly with the celestially-attended birth option from CoV.

That just makes the [evil] tag and FoP more confusing. Using Valorous (FR-specific Exalted, basically) character options to qualify for the [Evil] subtype so an evil character can take a nominally fiend-only class just doesn't make sense.

kalos72
2016-11-12, 12:45 PM
My group is still working on the FoP but they used a Human Unholy Scion...

Love to see this work out, its a great class IMHO.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-12, 01:15 PM
That just makes the [evil] tag and FoP more confusing. Using Valorous (FR-specific Exalted, basically) character options to qualify for the [Evil] subtype so an evil character can take a nominally fiend-only class just doesn't make sense.

FR-specific Exalted is simply Exalted - it exists in FR too (see the Harper Paragon). Not all options in CoV are limited to exalted or even good characters. Those that are are clearly marked.
Do you forbid good rogues from taking Craven? Are Smoking weapons limited to evil characters? Do only evil rangers get to wield Splitting bows?

Fluff-wise, just because a celestial was present at your birth does not mean you'll turn out good later in life. The option is available to all alignments and i don't see a conflict with the lore here.

As for FoP being fiend-only, if it were it would be marked as such. It's not. It's available to Tieflings and various other minor outsiders that aren't fiends.
Pretty much every outsider that worships an evil god/archdevil/demon lord and uses the right PrC or that uses the ritual in Savage Species in fact.

Personally i see nothing wrong with an evil character getting ahead by tempting others to evil and taking a class that helps him do so if he manages to qualify.