PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Turning AC into Strength

Zellsantal
2016-11-12, 11:28 AM
I know I saw the other day something that able to let you trade 2 AC for one point of strength but I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could lead me to it again?

exelsisxax
2016-11-12, 11:50 AM
You almost certainly can't do that.

Power attack is a feat that allows you to take attack penalties for damage bonuses.
Barbarian rage reduces AC for attack and damage bonuses.

One of those is the most likely thing you are referring to, or similar abilities that are less common.

MindTheGap97
2016-11-12, 11:53 AM
The closer thing I can think of is the Barbarian Rage class feature, it gives you a penalty to AC in exchange for a buff to strength...i dont think you can flat out trade ac for strength like that

dgnslyr
2016-11-12, 11:18 PM
This isn't exactly a direct AC-to-Strength conversion, but the feat Shock Trooper (http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/shock-trooper) allows you to sacrifice AC instead of attack when making a Power Attack, effectively letting you sacrifice AC to gain more damage. Of course, you're not gaining Strength, but you are gaining damage, which is the main point of gaining strength anyways.

Fizban
2016-11-13, 06:12 AM
There's a weapon ability in Arms and Equipment Guide that lets you trade dex from AC into damage, not worth the price it's at though.