PDA

View Full Version : Personal power or powerful help?

Senjou
2016-11-12, 01:14 PM
Hello everyone. Me (and I think the rest of my group) are facing an important decision soon. I am a lvl 2 storm cleric, with a lvl 2 ench wiz, a lvl 2 rogue and a lvl 2 druid. We just finished a challenge in an old druidic site were, at the end of the fight, we are offered a reward. The reward could be the aid of the challenge giver (something that look somewhere in between a wraith and a necromancer wizard) for an important battle or a magic item each (I would get a gauntlet of ogre power with the ability to trow something like a boulder as a projectil for 3 time a day, the wiz a band of intellect (pretty useless considering her base int is 18 but still good) with the ability to cast a weakened form of fireball (if it fail no damage, if it succeed 15 DMG), the rogue a cape which give advantage on stealth and persuasion as well as having a small dimensional space, the druid an armor of wood (ac equivalent to breastplate) which can deal 2d6 to anyone near for 1 min once a day) what do you suggest I should do? Take the item or the aid? Considering that this campaign is low level but it looks like heavy magic item based (ATM I have a +1 gsword which grant 1 more channel divinity a day, that activated 1 a day will transform in a +2 sword and on the first hit will add a thunderous smite damage, also I have a +1 vs ranged atk shield that 3 a day can return projectile like a monk, the wizard has an amulet of rage (rage 1 a day) and found a spellbook with quite a lot of spells and the other two had 2 other magic item I don't remember rn) should I skip the magic item and take the aid, which could be vital?

Coffee_Dragon
2016-11-12, 01:53 PM
1. Why do you think the internet is better equipped to make this RP decision?

2. Unless you know you have a big important battle (think Shadows + Vorlons + Gummi Bears at the same time) in the campaign that you'll want lots of allies to pop up for, the items sound more fun, especially as they seem quite overpowered for your level.

3. ... Although that last thing could also be an argument against the items, if you're not power gamers.

Senjou
2016-11-12, 02:00 PM
1 I would just like an opinion of what the internet would do

2 We do not know how the battle will be, we only known is gonna be a big big one.

3 I am not a power gamer but who would refuse a magic item usually? XD

Sigreid
2016-11-12, 08:44 PM
Here's the thing. The magic items are things you'll get to enjoy over and over as the campaign goes on. The help can be enjoyed exactly once. Therefor item has the GPH or Greatest Potential Happiness.