PDA

View Full Version : Ice Motif spells? (pathfinder)

MonkeySage
2016-11-12, 02:28 PM
I'm playing as a sorcerer of the silver dragon bloodline, and I kind of wanted his attacks to primarily match the ice mage motif.

Problem is, finding cold-based evocation spells is REALLY hard. They seem to be completely absent at 3rd level.

I've got time to think about this; next level I'm taking silver dragon disciple, since I meet all the requirements for it.

There is a feat that lets me change energy type... But that also increases spell level. I'm prestiging and will gain spell levels even slower than a normal sorcerer. So this really doesn't help. :/

Hogsy
2016-11-12, 03:53 PM
I'm playing as a sorcerer of the silver dragon bloodline, and I kind of wanted his attacks to primarily match the ice mage motif.

Problem is, finding cold-based evocation spells is REALLY hard. They seem to be completely absent at 3rd level.

I've got time to think about this; next level I'm taking silver dragon disciple, since I meet all the requirements for it.

There is a feat that lets me change energy type... But that also increases spell level. I'm prestiging and will gain spell levels even slower than a normal sorcerer. So this really doesn't help. :/

Be a crossblooded (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/crossblooded) sorcerer who also has some ice elemental blood in him. Sure, it imposes a -2 penalty to will saves and you lose 1 spell known per spell level, BUT, you gain the benefits of a 2nd bloodline arcana, and each level you would gain a bloodline power(or spell, or feat), you choose from which bloodline. This means you could change any elemental spell you cast into an ice spell, and it'd deal extra damage because of your silver dragon lineage. If that's a no-go, you could always try to convince your DM to allow you to take the Energy Substitution metamagic from 3.5 that has no level increase. I can't think of much else, though.